kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

5 minutes ago, MattW said:

If IO2 holds even from here on out with toy story 4 it'll end at 651.6m, but over the last week it has lost about $2m to TS4. I have it penciled in at 648m which is a 4.2x multi

Toy Story 4 declined precipitously from its eighth week onwards so that's not exactly a fair comparison to make

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MattW said:

If IO2 holds even from here on out with toy story 4 it'll end at 651.6m, but over the last week it has lost about $2m to TS4. I have it penciled in at 648m which is a 4.2x multi

I can see this happening as well, yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

weaker than usual Tuesday increases wonder why

It's because there's already a ton of people seeing it on Monday. Same thing happened to the force awakens when it came out. It actually decreased on its first Tuesday that's because the same amount of people are seeing the movie but paying less price to go see it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's because there's already a ton of people seeing it on Monday. Same thing happened to the force awakens when it came out. It actually decreased on its first Tuesday that's because the same amount of people are seeing the movie but paying less price to go see it.

Ah I think they meant weaker than usual for the top 5, not just Deadpool. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So Luiz has stopped his doom and gloom posts? :hahaha:

I don’t like them either, but the projection checks out. I was doubtful at first but somewhere around next week Deadpool and Wolverine breaks $1B.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is a bad take from Gitesh comparing July release with May release !!! He is reporting BO for 3 decades. 

I think Gitesh has earned respect and anyone that knows the basics of box office tracking knows that, I literally learned that in my first month following box office tracking. This comes off like more of a bit of nice trivia. And a very cool one at that.

59 minutes ago, rihrey said:

Same jump for Longlegs than Insidious 5 . The rest of The top 5 has ,like i expected , lower Tuesday jump. Wednesday drop will be around the same as Last Week and also better Thursday drop , logically .

1) : Deadpool : 85M

2) : Trap : 20M

3) : Twisters : 18,5M

4) : DM4 : 10M

5) : IO2 : 6,5M

6) : Harold ( and few friends on theaters) : 6M

7) : LongLegs : 3,5M