Bob Train

8/12-8/15 Weekdays Thread | It Ends With Us $6.2m Monday

18 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

How good is this for It Ends with Us?

Great. Could even be a softer First tue - wed drop than Where the crawdads (25%).

Seems like It's Building for a 40-45% drop in the weekend. Let's see. I'm curious also if after a great screen average in the weekend and during the week It could go higher in the distribuiton (First week was around 3600 screens).

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

I think with the great OW and good weekdays , the hold for the screens for It Ends With Us will be good and also the movie hasn't no PLF/Imax . he has a good chance to be above D&W this weekend . I think 27-28M 2nd Weekend.

• Like 2

I know it's to be expected (clickbait for the oblivious, and all), but this "Blake Lively Dominates Ryan Reynolds Again At Box Office" kind of stuff is silly and lame. This isn't some head-to-head for the ages, or something, and if it was then there's no contest. Aside from the fact that D&W came out several weeks ago and is going to make about a billion dollars more than IEWU (in addition to easily becoming the highest grossing R-rated movie of all time), these movies are not comparable. *Both* are doing very well in their separate spheres, but I guess everyone being a winner in this scenario is somehow too complicated ;)

Edited by Mandatory
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

I know it's to be expected (clickbait for the oblivious, and all), but this "Blake Lively Dominates Ryan Reynolds Again At Box Office" kind of stuff is silly and lame. This isn't some head-to-head for the ages, or something, and if it was then there's no contest. Aside from the fact that D&W came out several weeks ago and is going to make about a billion dollars more than IEWU (in addition to easily becoming the highest grossing R-rated movie of all time), these movies are not comparable. *Both* are doing very well in their separate spheres, but I guess everyone being a winner in this scenario is somehow too complicated ;)

It's normal to notice a well know couple is leading two different movies at the box office.

But i agree you can talk about It once and it's enough, no Need to talk about It at every Daily box office news.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Cine said:

I think with the great OW and good weekdays , the hold for the screens for It Ends With Us will be good and also the movie hasn't no PLF/Imax . he has a good chance to be above D&W this weekend . I think 27-28M 2nd Weekend.

I would agree. It has outgrossed it the last 3 days and D&W is losing IMAX and alot of PLF this weekend which will likely lead to a slightly higher drop than it otherwise would have as its ATP is going to take a hit.

Just looked at a few theaters around me and didn't realize that at the 2 theaters around me that have 3D auditoriums, Coraline 15th Anniversary release is taking the 3D auditorium away from D&W this weekend. One of them is giving D&W one 3D showing each day and the other is not giving it any. 

Wait for Deadpool thursday. its losing Imax/PLF starting today. Based on that we can extrapolate its 4th weekend. I am expecting It ends to have mediocre Friday increase considering weekdays have been beyond phenomenal. I would say Deadpool 27-29m weekend and It ends 25m ish 2nd weekend. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Wait for Deadpool thursday. its losing Imax/PLF starting today. Based on that we can extrapolate its 4th weekend. I am expecting It ends to have mediocre Friday increase considering weekdays have been beyond phenomenal. I would say Deadpool 27-29m weekend and It ends 25m ish 2nd weekend. 

Even the Thursday isn't going to show the full effect from the PLF loss, though it will be a better indicator than Wednesday of course. The last IMAX showing at my local AMC was at 12, Dolby at 1. Cinemark has 3 final XD showings today. Etc. 

Also just a side note, I'm glad I bought my tickets for Coraline in 3D right when they went on sale because it would've been impossible to get a ticket if I'd waited. The regular showings at least have some seats left but even the extra 3D showings they added sold out really fast. I think it has a real chance at being number 4 for the weekend above Twisters, which I have around 9-10, mill this weekend. But we'll just have to see how the numbers shake out. 

Edited by wattage

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Dominates? LMFAO I love the clickbait here. The way it sounds, Blake's movie grossed 7 million and Ryan's movie gross 2.5.

• Haha 1

And I know I'm very late to the party here but I really really hope nobody here is expecting our hoping or even praying that alien Romulus has even a modicum of a smidgette of a chance of doing 100 million opening weekend. I think 60 million would be phenomenal but everything is pointing to about 50. 

I don't think the alien franchise has been that relevant since James Cameron's Magnus Opus in 1986.

Unless I'm mistaken, the highest opening weekend for any alien film was for Prometheus and it did 50 million on the nose. I don't see how Romulus is going to exceed that significantly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

Dominates? LMFAO I love the clickbait here. The way it sounds, Blake's movie grossed 7 million and Ryan's movie gross 2.5.

I kinda like tongue in cheek Deadline. Clickbait sure, it doesn’t make sense yeah, it’s pure narrative non sense but I giggled.

• Like 1