Bob Train

8/12-8/15 Weekdays Thread | It Ends With Us $6.2m Monday

4 steep (over 60%)Monday drops in the top ten. We’re coming out of summer now. 

Excellent for It Ends With Us and Longlegs (which always has great Sun-Mon holds). 

Is it possible that Deadpool & Wolverine will drop down to #3 this weekend? 

Edited by Krissykins

My ranking....

Maverick 5/5 stars

Barbie 3/5 stars

IO2 3/5 stars

Way of Water 2.5/5 stars

No Way Home 2.5/5 stars

Deadpool & Wolverine 2/5 stars

Mario 2/5 stars

Dominion 1/5 stars

How long before extended versions of Deadpool? Rom-com version, Godzilla version, black and pink version?
Ryan Reynolds reminds me so much of Taylor Swift. He will re-re release the movie to hit some milestones or prove a point. 

Spider-Man: No Way Home 5/5

Deadpool & Wolverine 5/5

Super Mario Bros 4/5

Barbie 5/5

Avatar 2 Haven’t seen it but I will

Inside Out 2 Haven’t seen it either of them but plan to

Jurassic World: Dominion I live in an world where the last Jurassic World was the first one so this doesn’t exist

Fuck Tom Cruise 

39 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

D&W was also #2 on Friday so not the first time

Yeah but not really. The true Friday number it was definitely number one. I know we include the Thursday previews and the Wednesday sneak peeks and whatever into one Friday number but realistically speaking it was easily number one on Friday

• Like 1

Oppenheimer and Barbie both fell about 57% last year on the same day. With some schools going back in some states the R rating is definitely going to have an effect on the weekday numbers. That should mean that it's weekend drops are a little bit better. 

It would be nice to see a weekend drop in the low 40% range for Deadpool and Wolverine

• Like 2

(Spoilers, I think all the post-COVID billion grossing are all equally great & enjoyable in the same ballpark, so there isn’t a single bad one in the batch for me, that I didn’t like. I had a blast with all I’ve seen so far this decade).

Ranking:

Top Gun: Maverick

Spider-Man: No Way Home

The Super Mario Bros Movie

Barbie

Jurassic World: Dominion

Haven’t seen either Inside Out 2 & Deadpool and Wolverine yet, but I will definitely see them when they come out on DVD. 📀 

31 minutes ago, todos said:

How long before extended versions of Deadpool? Rom-com version, Godzilla version, black and pink version?
Ryan Reynolds reminds me so much of Taylor Swift. He will re-re release the movie to hit some milestones or prove a point. 

Shawn Levy says that this is the Final Cut and there will be no extended versions.

But god I hope you’re right and we get Deadpool & Wolverine (Taylor’s version) or something. Inject this film into my veins.

Ranking the post COVID billy movies 

IO2 4.5/5

Barbie 4/5

Maverick 4/5 stars

Way of Water 4/5

No Way Home 3.5/5

Mario 3/5

Deadpool & Wolverine 2.75/5

Dominion 2.5/5

No movies that I'm categorically in love with or hate. The worst I can say is Dominion was kind of a mess but I still had a decent enough time laughing at the absurdity of the locusts and clones. 

If we want to count the almost but not quites Oppenheimer is number 1 at 5/5 and Multiverse of Badness is dead last at 1/5. 

47 minutes ago, baumer said:

Oppenheimer and Barbie both fell about 57% last year on the same day. With some schools going back in some states the R rating is definitely going to have an effect on the weekday numbers. That should mean that it's weekend drops are a little bit better. 

It would be nice to see a weekend drop in the low 40% range for Deadpool and Wolverine

I'm hesitant on the weekend drop just because it's losing all that PLF this weekend. We all know Borderlands was barely allocated anything because the theaters could smell it a mile away, so it didn't impact this weekend as much for Deadpool. But now it's really gonna lose them to Aliens. I think next weekend we should see a pretty small drop though to balance out the weekdays. We just have to see. 

Edited by wattage
  • Like 1

Just now, wattage said:

I'm hesitant on the weekend drop just because it's losing all that PLF this weekend. We all know Borderlands was barely allocated anything because the theaters could smell the nuke a mile away, so it didn't impact this weekend as much for Deadpool. But now it's really gonna lose then to Aliens which might make the drop sharper than we'd like. I think next weekend we should see a pretty small drop though to balance out the weekdays being weaker. I could be wrong though, we'll just have to wait and see. 

Well if people want to see the movie and they can't see it on something like an IMAX or p l f they'll just go to a different theater. I don't think that's going to affect it very much. I could be wrong as well but this will be its fourth weekend, I think this is where it starts stabilizing a little bit over the weekends because the weekday drops are going to be harsher then they would be for maybe a PG movie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well if people want to see the movie and they can't see it on something like an IMAX or p l f they'll just go to a different theater. I don't think that's going to affect it very much. I could be wrong as well but this will be its fourth weekend, I think this is where it starts stabilizing a little bit over the weekends because the weekday drops are going to be harsher then they would be for maybe a PG movie.

Imax/PLF loss will have an impact as ATP will go down big. but people would still see it in normal screens. But post this weekend it will stabilize for sure. That said its holds over 2nd/3rd weekend were very strong already. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Deadpool & Wolverine being the 22nd film in history to top $500m in the domestic market really puts in perspective takes claiming that $500m is the new $300m.

Puts in to perspective... that they're correct? As far as ticket sales 500M now is similar to 300M in 2006.   

And lo and behold, the 22nd 300M movie was PotC:DMC, passing 300M in... late summer 2006. Couldn't be more "the new 300m" if you scripted it.

And in a little bit, that 2006 300M/2024 500M level of performance will be nominal 600M. That is simply the basic mechanics of how these things work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harry713 said:

Deadpool (363m) + Wolverine AKA Logan (226m) x inflation = DP&W total? 

DP1 inflation ~466

+

Logan inflation ~280

=

746M

This will land about 2/3rds of the way from dp1 adjusted to dp1adj+loganadj, which is quite a strong result -- if you could actually stack admits linearly with an ampersand in the title, that would be quite the hack ;)

• Thanks 1