Krissykins

Weekend Thread August 23rd-25th

3 minutes ago, Eric Ripley said:

Only the twelfth film to ever hit 1B OS. Avatar 3 is practically locked for that, though maybe Zootopia 2 could hit it before then.

Frozen 4 might be the third animated movie to do so 

Alien Romulus will probably finish around 350WW. It Ends With Us around 330M . With the incredibles hits of the trio IO2-D&W-DM4 + the success of AQP Day One and Bad Boys 4 + little other breakouts like LongLegs and Garfield . It's a great summer overall with just a little flop ( Furiosa, Fall Guys , The Crow, Borderlands) . He has got a few always each summer but much less than last year.

• Like 2

With Coraline continuing to perform well, will it remain in theaters next weekend? If so, then IO2 (expansion), DM4 and Coraline could all be in a weekend dead-heat earning very similarly.

Coraline would also probably push The Crow out of the top 10 in its 2nd weekend. Actually, the *Reagan* documentary seems to be opening in a lot of theaters, so it may be a stealth performer this coming weekend and knock Crow out of the top 10 regardless. Anyone know a projected theater count on Reagan?

Edited by Jerri Blank-Diggler

49 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Disney will expand it and I think 3m+ over 4 day will happen. Should cross 650m by labor day and cross the dino movie within couple of weeks post that.  

Digital and home video release drops on September 10.

22 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Disney going a little high on those Sunday estimates for Romulus and DP and W. They except really strong Friday to Sunday bumps it seems.

Yeah. I also feel the Sunday proyections from Disney are a little too high.

Edited by Kon

Celebrating another Inside Out 2 milestone with more to come! 

With the updated estimates the numbers for Deadpool, Twisters, Inside Out 2, and Despicable Me 4 make a lot more sense than the numbers I was scratching my head at yesterday. Inside Out and Deadpool still a little bit higher than I assumed they'd be but still sub 40! I think projections will shift with actuals but mostly balance out, a bit higher on Saturday and a bit lower on Sunday. 

Edited by wattage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Selma said:

Frozen 4 might be the third animated movie to do so 

I agree that Frozen 4 might do it, especially since they're apparently going to be making both movies at the same time they'll be able to play to it being the epic finale or whatever in it's marketing. This is me assuming Frozen 3/4 movie quality is better than Frozen 2 and it gets better audience reception than that movie got. The production should hopefully be smoother than that movie was and they have a better idea of what story they're telling. 

To just show you guys how bad The Crow is doing, I'm about to see Blink Twice in an hour. I go online to see how many seats are sold in the theater and my screening of Blink Twice has about 67 people in there so far. While the theater isn't full yet, that's shockingly good for a 2:30PM showing on a Sunday for a movie that's only opened to $7.3M

Meanwhile, I check the 1:45PM showing for The Crow and only 4 people are in that respective theater.

I'm sorry but that's genuinely embarassing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerri Blank-Diggler said:

Coraline would also probably push The Crow out of the top 10 in its 2nd weekend. Actually, the *Reagan* documentary seems to be opening in a lot of theaters, so it may be a stealth performer this coming weekend and knock Crow out of the top 10 regardless. Anyone know a projected theater count on Reagan?

Reagan isn't a documentary, it's so much...more:

Dennis Quaid! Jon Voight! Penelope Ann Miller! That '80s Bond villain who also directed My Son Hunter! This started filming in September 2020, lol.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

Don't ban me, pretty please

Not to be Dan Murrel here but let’s play with some numbers. 

100M domestic, studio gets 50M of that.

120M China. Studio gets 30M of that. 

120 OS-C. Studio gets 50M of that. 

80M budget, not sure what marketing costs were but let’s say 50M net since some of that would have been recouped via product tie-ins. That’s the entire budget + marketing covered just by the theatrical run. Anything else the movie makes (ancillary, VOD rentals/purchases, products, etc.) is PURE profit.

Next!

• Like 7

Worldwide Box Office
(Estimates) Weekend Ending August 25, 2024

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Reagan isn't a documentary, it's so much...more:

Dennis Quaid! Jon Voight! Penelope Ann Miller! That '80s Bond villain who also directed My Son Hunter! This started filming in September 2020, lol.

WOW, that is indeed A Lot. I just saw that Creed legend Scott Stapp is playing Frank Sinatra in it too. Oh boy.

And yet somehow Reagan has more pre-sales in local theaters than AfrAId. 

• Astonished 1

5 hours ago, Jerri Blank-Diggler said:

Definitely will be under a 2x multi when it leaves theaters in another 2 weeks. Under 16m DOM total. Under 30m WW. 130m budget plus marketing. This is Pluto Nash level flop. Will Lionsgate recover?