Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 13th-15th

Strong hold for Beetlejuice.

Speak No Evil ended up having a very similar opening to Barbarian after all ($10.5M vs. $11.5M), give or take the Friday the 13th gimmick. Seeing it this afternoon before the Emmys tonight.

Curious how frontloaded Am I Racist? will end up being considering its extremely narrow audience likely came out in full force for it this weekend.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Strong hold for Beetlejuice.

Speak No Evil ended up having a very similar opening to Barbarian after all ($10.5M vs. $11.5M), give or take the Friday the 13th gimmick. Seeing it this afternoon before the Emmys tonight.

Curious how frontloaded Am I Racist? will end up being considering its extremely narrow audience likely came out in full force for it this weekend.

Barbarian was in 1000+ less cinemas though. 

Love that film, it really came out of nowhere. 

I'm actually having a pretty good feeling about this fall's box office, even if the one movie that everyone thought the whole time would be the easiest slam dunk ends up being the one that face-plants the hardest. Lots of movies of different genres with potential for commercial appeal.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If we were not in the darkest timeline we are in right now it would drop 100% and not make a another cent.

• Like 1

Good hold for BeetleJuice 2 , has a good chance to be the biggest success in USA for Warner . Depending of Overseas , 400M will be passed . For 100M budget and DOM overperformance ( to collect the money) , he has a good chance to be in top 10 of the most valuable movies of the year.

I have hope animated movies, the next two weekends, and they will continue the trend of great success for them this year. To be careful , i expect 30-35M OW for Transformers One and Wild Robot but good or great legs for the two. Specially if Joker 2 underperform like tracking seems to be .

Edited by Grand Cine

4 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Pretty good hold for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice but I have a hard time seeing 300 million happening considering it does seem to to be playing to families and with two animated movies these next two weeks it is going to be really tough.

I think it could get reaaaaaaaaaly close, like TLM 2023