Krissykins

Weekend Thread Sept 20th-22nd

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

A theater is playing something called And Mrs. (2024)

Numbers has next to no info but that's the synopsis on our theater page...does anyone have a theater count for this? It only had one showing.

According to showtimes.com, And Mrs. is only playing in 12 states, with the most theaters in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan.

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Inside Out 2 threepeated over A Quiet Place: Day One and now Beetlejuice Beetlejuice threepeats over Transformers One.

Moral of the story is don’t put the word “One” in your title if you actually want to open number one.

Oh for fuck sake. 

• Haha 3

Lets be real: The only one actually (emotionally) affected by Inside Out 2 (possibly) passing Jurassic World is probably me (and maybe @CJohn and @THUNDER BIRD)

Also, i probably also need to take the blame of this topic coming up in every weekend thread. So if youre annoyed by that, blame me. No, actually i refuse to take any blame because im not actually posting about it that much when i think about it, i blame the people who want to make fun of me for actually taking all this seriously and always rooting for the evil that is Inside Out to overtake poor innocent Jurassic World

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just remembered Chris Hemsworth is in this Transformers. Absolutely cursed actor

Why do people keep casting him in stuff outside of Marvel? I feel like there’s more than enough evidence to show that he adds literally no value to a film’s box office. And it’s not like he’s a critical darling either. Someone who didn’t know better would think he adds negative value based on his track record.

Everything he does outside of the MCU is a financial disappointment at best, and he’s not exactly starring in A24 films for the prestige.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Lets be real: The only one actually (emotionally) affected by Inside Out 2 (possibly) passing Jurassic World is probably me (and maybe @CJohn and @THUNDER BIRD)

Also, i probably also need to take the blame of this topic coming up in every weekend thread. So if youre annoyed by that, blame me. No, actually i refuse to take any blame because im not actually posting about it that much when i think about it, i blame the people who want to make fun of me for actually taking all this seriously and always rooting for the evil that is Inside Out to overtake poor innocent Jurassic World

Poor innocent Jurassic World. It’s actually insanely impressive Inside Out 2 got as close as it did. Its legs were absolutely phenomenal. One of the best legs for a 100m opener behind Avatar 2 and Top Gun: Maverick. 

7 hours ago, Ryan C said:

Dude, you do realize that The Substance was released my MUBI and this is their first ever film they've put out in wide release. For them and for a movie that had a marketing campaign that was purely digital, this isn't half bad. 

Yeah, that's what I've said, pal: "marketing failed". Maybe "purely digital campaign" wasn't the best strategy, you know? Yep, it wasn't.

And mr Flopped is right. Why would you put a chicken or two fried eggs on the poster when you have literally this:

twitter-The-Cinesthetic2024-09-211837460

7 hours ago, Ryan C said:

I'm sorry but you can't compare this to something like Longlegs. It was never going to make $100M worldwide even if it had NEON as a distributor. That's just setting unrealistic expectations for horror films released by studios that aren't the major ones. 

I didn't expect it to make $100 M. Or $50 M. But $30 M? Sure.   And yeah, Neon doesn't have much history with box office hits. But considering how brilliant Longlegs campaign was and how beloved The Substance is, I think something like $5 M start is not unrealistic goal.