kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 09.27 - 09.29, 2024 | Actuals | 35.79M THE WILD ROBOT | 16.22M BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE | 9.16 TRANSFORMERS ONE

6 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

It’s kind of making me worried about Sonic 3. Why release it right next to a big Lion King movie? It doesn’t make sense and I don’t think Christmas legs is enough of a reason to send it into direct competition. I think it’ll hurt both films badly. 

Eh possible but if there is any time of year to do it it's in December right before the Holiday Gravy train when families have the time and the kids are on break to see multiple movies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Also: no point in A24 expanding A Different Man any further. A $2k PTA in the second weekend at that level is a womp womp.

They basically dumped it, like Janet Planet earlier this year. For all their cred they're not above producing or buying an interesting, acclaimed (and in the case of A Different Man, award-winning) movie and then seemingly not putting in any effort to sell it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

It’s kind of making me worried about Sonic 3. Why release it right next to a big Lion King movie? It doesn’t make sense and I don’t think Christmas legs is enough of a reason to send it into direct competition. I think it’ll hurt both films badly. 

I think it'll be fine. Though I understand MUFASA is strong competition, the previous SONIC films have been solid hits and aren't really on a downward trend like the TRANSFORMERS movies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

Okay so transformers ending up with 140mil - 170mil is nonsense, right? There’s no way it can be that high

It hasn't been released in most territories. It's now at 72M worldwide. Domestic might finish in the 70M area. So making another 70M+ overseas won't be that hard, imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It hasn't been released in most territories. It's now at 72M worldwide. Domestic might finish in the 70M area. So making another 70M+ overseas won't be that hard, imo.

Idk, I feel real skeptical here. Granted I’d love if it got to 150M, even more if it got to 170M but I have a bad feeling it might have an even worse drop next week.  

47 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

They basically dumped it, like Janet Planet earlier this year. For all their cred they're not above producing or buying an interesting, acclaimed (and in the case of A Different Man, award-winning) movie and then seemingly not putting in any effort to sell it.

Aside from the modest Civil War success they honestly haven't had a real good year. They bought up a bunch of stuff out of the festivals though, feel like at this point they're going with the "throw everything in theaters and hope something sticks" strategy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

How are Smile 2 pre-sales? I hear way more excitement for Terrifier 3 but then again, Twitter is not the real world and the first Smile barely had a presence there. 

(are S2 tix even up for sale?)

Tomorrow

Terrifier is all over my timeline. Mainly because I follow Bloody Disgusting and they help make it, so they retweet everything. 

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Tomorrow

Terrifier is all over my timeline. Mainly because I follow Bloody Disgusting and they help make it, so they retweet everything. 

I am assuming Terrifier 3 is just going to be another Maxxine something non horror freaks and non gore hounds like me do not give a crap about or even knows exists.

13 minutes ago, AniNate said:

$3.4m is a pretty solid opening in Mexico for TWR, better than Bad Guys and IF but under Elemental (expected given that movie's international hook).

I mean they were probably really happy to get at least one robot movie in September without an alleged pedophile in it

is Wild Robot’s opening worldwide opening gross finalised or does it still have other markets it came out in this week that haven’t been counted properly yet?

Edited by CheeseWizard