ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Comicmovies are screwed up especially on a global markets side. The only one will forever do great is Spider man, which is famous everywhere like Mickey Mouse and then Batman. These are the two real global super hero icons. Plus Wolverine and Superman but in a lower scale.

The rest was just made famous by those movies and now the genre became boring. 

True the only MCU hero that really got pull overseas was iron man but that due more to RDJ character.

But yeah I think the new spiderman movie is a lock for a billion ww even if it not good.  

Edited by Torontofan

21 hours ago, Mickiland16 said:

I think Captain America 4 will open with okey numbers, like $65M - $75M (3 days). Assuming that audience reception is good I'd say 75/200/500 for OW/DOM/WW. 

I agree with this but if its more of the same like Marvels or Ant-Man 3 then expect a similar opening weekend as this weekend's. I said months ago that a 40m opening weekend wouldn't surprise me and even lower for Thunderbolts but after the trailers I'm actually more interested in Thunderbolts.

Edited by eddyxx

20 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

My hot take for Captain America 4 is that it’s got a good shot at the moment of being the highest grossing CBM of the big four next year.

No way. Superman or Fantastic Four will be if they're good. i can't stress that last part any higher. The potential and interest is there. Cap4 lacks hype outside of Red Hulk.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Do we have a theatre count for Terrifier 3 yet? 

Terrifier 2 started in 770 and never went wider than 1,550. 

The theater count is going to determine how high it gets. I'm starting to see so many TikToks with hundreds of thousands of likes, so there's definitely a lot of hype for it. I took a look at some Vue cinemas in the UK and surprisingly, they only have one showtime planned for each day (quite similar to what's happening in the US)?

In a modern day America where people are getting tired of edginess and cynicism, where people want to see a end of divisiness and a return to good morals and getting along with each other, a film about Superman where he is his classic upstanding truth, justice and the American way self could do gang busters. I loved how James Gunn described the character as being about optimism and hope and if he pulls this off, I really do think the film could surprise. Yes the DC brand is damaged but everyone loves a comeback story.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1