filmpalace

Weekend Thread | October 11 - 13

1 minute ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

See that's the thing. I don't get why CBM fans are upset that the 10th live action version of the Joker was a bit different. CBM fans are so used to getting catered too, it's a problem now.

You can do many different versions, but the core of the character needs to be there IMHO. All 4 of these are pretty different but they share pretty important character traits: Romero, Nicholson, Hamill, Ledger. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Terrifier 3 and the wild robot beating Joker 2  second weekend is so bizarre yet very very well deserved. Just goes to show you you give the audience what they want and they will reward you.

So people just want multiverse stuff endlessly? We are doomed. Pull the plug on theatrical.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

So people just want multiverse stuff endlessly? We are doomed. Pull the plug on theatrical.

No. People want a good movie thats entertaining and that interests them. Joker 2 was none of that. It was a boring story with very flat and forgettable musical. 

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

See that's the thing. I don't get why CBM fans are upset that the 10th live action version of the Joker was a bit different. CBM fans are so used to getting catered too, it's a problem now.

I don't care about if its comic accurate or not, just give me a compelling drama. The first Joker was a by-the-numbers drama with nothing really interesting to say with the DC label on it. It’s as generic as say Ant-Man but in the inverse direction.

If its any consolation, Joker: Folie a Deux seems far more interesting and seems to be taking big swings narratively and am excited to see it. I want to make sometime for it next week (maybe Tuesday) as I plan on seeing The Substance tomorrow.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 3

Got back from Terrifier 3. Show was like 90% sold out. Had people dressed up like Art. A woman came with 2 teen girls and they walked out after the opening scene. Another couple brought 3 kids under the age of 10 and stayed the whole film which I thought was wild.

I've seen everything with Art The Clown. I'm of the mind T1 and T2 are pretty bad films. Art is absolutely incredible though and carries them. 

T3 was a giant step up in quality. It's still not great, but every film has improved over the last. The budget increase is felt. Art has gotten better every film. The effects have improved. The connective tissue is still not great. The lore is confusing and the acting outside Art while improved is kind of bad still. The film making has improved and getting refined.

Whatever they're paying David Howard Thornton isn't enough! He really is what carries these films. Every time he is on screen it's captivating. Art is a horror icon and I'm excited for 4 and hope to see the continued rise in quality.

T1 2/10

T2 3/10

T3 6/10

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

It's so bizarre. The trailer had hugely positive reactions and broke records, and then after Venice everyone started shitting on the movie and it plummeted from Fresh to Rotten so fast a la WW 1984. I just don't understand the total rejection.

So you mean to say audiences basically told Joker 2 Listen Hunny Ur Over

• Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Got back from Terrifier 3. Show was like 90% sold out. Had people dressed up like Art. A woman came with 2 teen girls and they walked out after the opening scene. Another couple brought 3 kids under the age of 10 and stayed the whole film which I thought was wild.

I've seen everything with Art The Clown. I'm of the mind T1 and T2 are pretty bad films. Art is absolutely incredible though and carries them. 

T3 was a giant step up in quality. It's still not great, but every film has improved over the last. The budget increase is felt. Art has gotten better every film. The effects have improved. The connective tissue is still not great. The lore is confusing and the acting outside Art while improved is kind of bad still. The film making has improved and getting refined.

Whatever they're paying David Howard Thornton isn't enough! He really is what carries these films. Every time he is on screen it's captivating. Art is a horror icon and I'm excited for 4 and hope to see the continued rise in quality.

T1 2/10

T2 3/10

T3 6/10

Awful parents to be taking their kids to see this…

• Like 4