HeyItsMoses

RT Score: The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises

SuperHero Quality Showdown  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which SuperHero will score Higher on RottenTomatoes?

• The Avengers
    • The Dark Knight Rises
    • The Amazing Spider-Man

DH2 had a higher average rating though. DH2's average rating was 8.5 at this point. TA's is 8.1.

Yeah, I think Iron Man is probably the exception, not the rule. Most movies that only have a 7.6 average rating wouldn't end up in the mid 90s on the tomatometer. TDK and HP DH2 both have 8.4 average ratings. Edited by Eraserhead

Yeah, I think Iron Man is probably the exception, not the rule. Most movies that only have a 7.6 average rating wouldn't end up in the mid 90s on the tomatometer. TDK an HP DH2 both have 8.4 average ratings.

Mission Impossible 4 is another.

I agree. I'm not hating here (I haven't seen the movie yet, and don't think I'm pissed off about that! :P ), but some of the reviews have already mentioned how there's little to no substance to it.

LIke there is any substance in Nolan 's films.Give me a break.
  • Like 1

I must say I'm very confused why so many of you don't think this will fall below 95%. There's probably about a 90% chance of that happening. There are around 200 reviews to come and those that roll in later on tend to be more negative. Not to mention that many of them will be from "Top Critics" who often roll their eyes at these sorts of spectacle movies. The chances of this beating TDK's tomatometer are slim at best. It actually has a far better chance at beating TDKR.If you don't believe me, just watch.

I told ya, guys! The Avengers is down to 94% already. Looks like TDK will keep the superhero crown on RT.

I'm not surprised by TA's high RT - it was a good film that got far more right than it got wrong, and the binary system of the site favours those kind of movies greatly. Iron Man 1 is good example of this.I suppose a more interesting battle would be in user ratings, but I'm guessing that more critics will be disappointed by TDKR than the tiny minority that were with TA so it doesn't matter much now.

After watching the film I'm a bit surprised by the positive reaction. Yes, it's great fun, but without story how can you finish above 90%?

It is a great fun which is why it so positive. Rotten Tomatoes is a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Avengers is now down to 93% at RT, 84% among top critics. I think it's going to slip under 90% today.TDKR will win this contest.

Not sure about that but The Avengers is almost certainly not going to beat TDK now (which was weirdly assumed to be a given by some people early on in the thread).