Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

The lack of Friday sellouts by mid-Friday indicates (comparative) lack of demand. You can't spin it any other way. ;)

I don't have to spin it in any way. The record holder for presales is friggin New Moon. The Friday attendance record is held by SM3, which isn't even in the top 5 for presales. The single day attendance record is held by SM1's Saturday. It just doesn't work that way. Massive sellouts are only driven by fan-frenzy Edited by spizzer

The lack of Friday sellouts by mid-Friday indicates (comparative) lack of demand. You can't spin it any other way. ;)

lol this is getting beyond goofy bro. Let it go.
  • Like 2

You mean, she was perfect. That gorgoues picture is obviously taken back in 70s.

Sasha Stone was dissing Nikki on Twitter today... How dare she??? :rant: :rant:

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

So TWC tells Nikki Finke about the Dustin Hoffman thing.She posts it as a news break. They announce it, she says Toldja. Really? #fakingit

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

I mean, does anyone actually not know how tight Nikki Finke is with Harvey Weinstein?

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

So TWC tells Nikki Finke about the Dustin Hoffman thing.She posts it as a news break. They announce it, she says Toldja. Really? #fakingit

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

I mean, does anyone actually not know how tight Nikki Finke is with Harvey Weinstein?

Sounds like jealousy.

It is only 1:12PM on the West Coasts. If Nikki isn't full of shit, this is most likely an extrapolation based on the early estimates of East Coast matinees. It means nothing.

We don't even have Hawaii numbers yet. B)
  • Like 1

Yet Avengers will have a higher OW than THG which had plenty of sell outs. How do you explain that?

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

Sasha Stone@AwardsDaily

Such jealousy.
  • Like 1

With a 66M OD18.7M Midnights47.3M Friday49.0M Saturday35.5M Sunday150.5M OW

Both SM3 and IM2 managed a 2.5x IM. I'm sure TA can manage the same. which would put it at 163m. Edited by C00k13

It just doesn't work that way. Massive sellouts are only driven by fan-frenzy

so why couldn't this be driven by "fan frenzy"? the avengers aren't unknown. most of the characters have had their own movies already and i'm sure they gathered some fans. Edited by kyky

Not going to lie, that would be a tad bit disappointing.

Of course it would. But matinee shows aren't even halfway over yet. It's silly to make any kind of extrapolation at this point, when we don't even have an indicator as to how evenings MAY perform.Also, these type of films tend to be underestimated by the East Coast extrapolations, as West Coast tends to perform stronger