Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Next weekend I have to wonder how bad the numbers will be outside of the top 2. We could have only 3 films above 4 million....

Epic :lol:

So good moments now...

The boxoffice slump is no longer a topic of discussion.

Oops, i hope i didn't "break" the magic of 2012 just for mentioning it.

You damned fool, you've doomed us all!!! Edited by C00k13

I know it's not possible at this point, but imagine if estimates goes up again to $74-$80m, lol.That would be amazing though. :D

I posted this on Page 45. Post number 885. Who would've thought it'd be right? lmao.So hyped for this movie. Can't wait to see it tomorrow! :D

Next weekend I have to wonder how bad the numbers will be outside of the top 2. We could have only 3 films above 4 million....

Was "Dark Shadows" planned here since the beginning?Why not another "big" movie beside DS and Avengers? Something related to women, for example.

• Founder / Operator

lol Variety and THR are saying with 80.5 million Friday it could beat DH2.

I seriously lost a lot of respect for the publications...

Well, in their defense, low-balling is always better than high-balling. They're a business and a lot of people in the industry take them at their word. It looks exponentially worse for a major publication to constantly over-estimate a movie's performance as opposed to under-estimating it, and there's always money on the line for them. Edited by ShawnMR

Was "Dark Shadows" planned here since the beginning?Why not another "big" movie beside DS and Avengers? Something related to women, for example.

What to Expect was there, no clue why it moved. It could of done quite well there.

What to Expect was there, no clue why it moved. It could of done quite well there.

So was The Dictator. Are they that afraid of TA or do they think Battleship is going to bomb that badly?

lol Variety and THR are saying with 80.5 million Friday it could beat DH2.I seriously lost a lot of respect for the publications...

Here's what Variety says

The "Harry Potter" conclusion is outpacing "Avengers" by $10.5 million, and while it likely won't upset that record-holding order by Sunday

EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME?!?! :lol: Absolutely ridiculous reporting.