Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Star Wars, Raiders, Empire Strikes Back, E.T., Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Terminator 2, Die Hard, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, Batman '89, Jurassic Park, and The Matrix would all like a word with you.

That list should serve as a handy reminder that sometimes the best movies are the ones that are "dumb popcorn entertainment". I mean...I love Schindler's List, but given a choice I'll take Die Hard, Terminator 2, and Back to the Future over it. A great movie can do things other than "make you think". I'll also take Duck Soup over Citizen Kane thank you. :D

People enjoyed the film. Did I EVER say otherwise? No, so shut the fuck up. It's gonna shatter records, and I'm not going to care one single bit because it was a decent and entertaining film for the most part, but nothing more.

I've been in your shoes many times in recent years. Never got what was so special about The Dark Knight, Avatar, Shrek, Twilight, and Transformers. But they have a lot of appeal to other people obviously. Best to just not care so much that the masses don't share your taste.

It seems to me that Ecstasy is the only one who can't handle the swearing. I admit, and I apologize that my words might have been too graphic and excessive. Just don't accuse me of things I don't do.

Why?

Cause I just hate it. It was creepy as a kid, and boring past the age of 8. The characters are as dull as they get and if it weren't for the moon scene I don't think I would remember a single thing about the film. Anyways, that's one I know I'm in the minority on.

Cause I just hate it. It was creepy as a kid, and boring past the age of 8. The characters are as dull as they get and if it weren't for the moon scene I don't think I would remember a single thing about the film. Anyways, that's one I know I'm in the minority on.

E.T is an incredibly overrated film. I thought the kids were utterly atrocious, and the moon scene was barely enjoyable. The kid's first kiss when he stands on the belly of the fat guy is pretty fucking awesome, though.

Ah.Just got home and don't feel like playing catch up.Someone hook me up, what's been going on?

Rth said TA was unlikely to go below 68-70M and Nikki has since raised her estimate to 68M+.

That list should serve as a handy reminder that sometimes the best movies are the ones that are "dumb popcorn entertainment". I mean...I love Schindler's List, but given a choice I'll take Die Hard, Terminator 2, and Back to the Future[/b[ over it. A great movie can do things other than "make you think". I'll also take Duck Soup over Citizen Kane thank you. :D

Those are not dumb movies. They're actually pretty clever for their respective genres.