Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

In May movies will drop more on Monday than July but make the difference up by having massive increase on Friday and another big increase on Saturday.Interesting question is, how big is the Saturday going top be for TA? 40, 45 or more? It has family appeal so 40 seems the minimum for Saturday.

Edited by druv10

WOM is on par with SM1 and TDK but 38% is crazy talk. I would love it but its really out there.129M 2nd weekend.If TA follows SM1 (which would be crazy out of this world hold)Monday 19.8MTuesday 17.9MWednesday 14.9MThursday 13.38MFriday 35.67MSaturday 54.64MSunday 37.65M2nd weekend 127.96M (38.4% drop)

Very optemistic but i like it :) Edited by fmpro

I love how there are so many 'experts' who know the ins and outs of whats needed for a film to hit 600mil even though we have only ever had 2 films in history do that!. So a 22mil May first Monday gaurantees 600mil, really.

Post-Monday gross as a multiplier of Monday:Spider-Man: 25.2xSpider-Man 3: 17xIron Man: 30.2xIron Man 2: 18.7xThor: 20.4xFrom a 22M Monday, even a SM3 multiplier (not happening) will give 582M and IM2 multiplier (worst-case) will give 619M.So you can bet your fucking ass that if it gets 22M Monday, 600M is guaranteed.And kindly refrain from such idiotic posts in the future!

I love how there are so many 'experts' who know the ins and outs of whats needed for a film to hit 600mil even though we have only ever had 2 films in history do that!. So a 22mil May first Monday gaurantees 600mil, really.

I love listening to these little piss-ant users trying to talk like they know boxoffice, they make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too. :bagoverhead:
  • Like 1

Post-Monday gross as a multiplier of Monday:Spider-Man: 25.2xSpider-Man 3: 17xIron Man: 30.2xIron Man 2: 18.7xThor: 20.4xFrom a 22M Monday, even a SM3 multiplier (not happening) will give 582M and IM2 multiplier (worst-case) will give 619M.So you can bet your fucking ass that if it gets 22M Monday, 600M is guaranteed.And kindly refrain from such idiotic posts in the future!

Wasn't the range $18-20m?