Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Post-Monday gross as a multiplier of Monday:Spider-Man: 25.2xSpider-Man 3: 17xIron Man: 30.2xIron Man 2: 18.7xThor: 20.4xFrom a 22M Monday, even a SM3 multiplier (not happening) will give 582M and IM2 multiplier (worst-case) will give 619M.So you can bet your fucking ass that if it gets 22M Monday, 600M is guaranteed.And kindly refrain from such idiotic posts in the future!

I don't think it was idiotic. I think what he meant by his post is that at this point it doesn't matter how much or little it grosses on Monday or Tuesday or whatever, we have no field of reference to determine how much it CAN make. I don't think he meant anything silly by it.

I love listening to these little piss-ant users trying to talk like they know boxoffice, they make me laugh. If Matrix was here, he'd laugh too. :bagoverhead:

Are you trying to frighten me Mr. vc2002? I don't have to try.It is is you that is afraid of Avengers.But of course, but I have an edge, I have Avatar out of front.

I'm getting it from BOM. Well, whatever it may be, it's already big enough.

Few of the actors will have to get more money next time.So it will increase

Few of the actors will have to get more money next time.So it will increase

I think they're all signed to long term deals.

I couldn't really care less if it makes more than Avatar, it's just that that would also mean more than Titanic. And I'm having something of a hard time accepting that.

Edited by lab276

I don't think it was idiotic. I think what he meant by his post is that at this point it doesn't matter how much or little it grosses on Monday or Tuesday or whatever, we have no field of reference to determine how much it CAN make. I don't think he meant anything silly by it.

His tone seemed pretty clear to me.

His tone seemed pretty clear to me.

I even "liked" his post. It made sense to me. I don't think there was any malice to it.
  • Like 1

From Gitesh:

#Avengers keeps rocking w/ roughly $19M MON. Stunning! Heading for $270M 1st week, may smash $350M on SUN!

Rth earlier update - "18-20M"

He seems to be right on once again.

EDIT: I like it how 3-4 people said pretty much the same thing at the same time.

Edited by friendofnarnia