75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I have a whole arsenal of reaction gifs. These are my favorites

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Orson Welles: how intense. Probably my fav'. Let's use it if/when Avengers passes Titanic.

Clint Eastwood: so funny. I love this movie. Let's use it if BDp2 OW almost equals TA OW.

Ron Burgundy movie or something? let's use it when Daredevil & FF come back to Marvel.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Gideon

Sadly my sarcasm radar was down, my apologies.

To be fair, it was kind of an 'inside joke', there are the odd members on here that would post something almost as extreme as i did and mean it!. Example- a film gets a 10mil weekday number - "this film is hitting 400mil for sure!", the same film gets a revised actual of 9mil on the same day - "Damn in, the film is barely going to make 300mil now". :D
  • Like 1

I've got plenty of more. Gifs are better than smileys IMO.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last one is... LOL incredible.

Is this some comedic thing made for youtube?

Is it real life?

It's almost an abstract motif... the table rotating again and again and again.

About The Avengers, i saw the 200 figure so many time this last weekend that i wanted again a "2" figure for monday.

But 18.8 i say ok.

To be fair, it was kind of an 'inside joke', there are the odd members on here that would post something almost as extreme as i did and mean it!. Example- a film gets a 10mil weekday number - "this film is hitting 400mil for sure!", the same film gets a revised actual of 9mil on the same day - "Damn in, the film is barely going to make 300mil now". :D

Thank you, that is generous of you lol. This whole forum is a gem, happy to have finally found it.

The last one is... LOL incredible.Is this some comedic thing made for youtube?Is it real life?It's almost an abstract motif... the table rotating again and again and again.

I freaking love how amazed and excited you are about everything. :lol:I also always read your posts with Roberto Benignis voice for some reason.. :D

I freaking love how amazed and excited you are about everything. :lol:I also always read your posts with Roberto Benignis voice for some reason.. :D

:hellothere:My participation here is a 1st for a non-french forum.I don't have any gifs and i'm always amazed by the reactivity of some here. Always the good joke to give a boost to an answer.I have, indeed, some latino blood (portuguese) but Benigni is more "italian-hysterical". lolMy avatar would destroy Benigni's slim silhouette in a second.

Sadly my sarcasm radar was down, my apologies.

No need to apologize. It was funny, but if you are new here, it would be hard to tell if someone was kidding or not. :)
  • Like 1

Only 18million? 400 million ;) is now in question.

I love how we can now joke on this 400M level when some weeks ago, it would have been seen as a HUGE accomplishment for the franchise.

BTW, I'm not really sure what TA does to my theory that for a comic book SH film series to elevate above 200m, it needs the main character(s) to have "Man" or "Men" in their names. I guess, with Iron Man as the obvious lead, it further confirms it.

X-Men -X2, X3

Superman -Superman Returns

Spider-Man -SM1, SM2, SM3

Batman - Batman, BB, TDK

Iron Man - IM1, IM2, TA

Films that just didn't have enough to get past the magical 200m mark:

Wolverine

Thor

Captain America

Fantastic Four

Hulk

Ghost Rider

Daredevil

Green Lantern

Exception to this rule: Watchmen

I love this. I wish it had worked for one of my very favorite comic book movies (top 5 for me). Mystery Men. Very few people have heard of it but I think it's hilarious. (Great cast too)

LMAO Avengers being sold out makes the late night talk show circuit. From Conan O'brien's twitter:

Conan O'Brien ‏ @ConanOBrien

I went to see “The Avengers” today and it was sold out. I looked like an idiot dressed like the Hulk during a showing of “Think Like a Man.”

I just happened to catch Letterman's opening monologue last night (I almost never watch him) and he used almost the exact same joke. (It was Hunger Games in his version) Someone ripped someone off. ;) It's a good joke though.

I LOL'd at the comparison between The Lucky One to The Avengers. Thanks for that...or were you being serious?

I thought it was a joke too. A good one...but then the poster came back and started defending it. Too bad...it was funny. :(