75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Mystery Men, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and Catwoman say 'Hi'.

Am I ever gonna live this down? :ouch:

OK, now name a comic book based superhero film over 200m that does NOT have a lead character with "man" or "men" as a part of their name.

Did I miss something? Where did I say that if "man" or "men" was a part of the lead character's name, it automatically guaranteed 200m? I said to have a comic book based SH film clear 200m it seems to be required that you have the "man" or "men" thing.

Posted Image

That would be fine with me, but I have a feeling they would just do a SHIELD movie and have them be a part of it, now that they are essentially the SHIELD members of The Avengers. Sam Jackson said that a SHIELD film was a part of his 9 picture deal.

Fair enough, although it might be too late to do a SHIELD movie that does the Black Widow origin story that she and Loki talked about in The Avengers.

How do you ascertain that? Do you guys have Excel spreadsheets with macros comparing past movies with current ones? OrMaybe its as simple as taking sm3's dom/ow and extrapolating out for TA. Maybe its just as simple

It's just giving it the same multiplier.

"I think it's a good hold but is anyone else a little worried we could see some frontloadedness as the week goes on? I remember with HP8 after the huge weekend it seemed to really be frontloaded. This has some great WOM, no doubt but anything above 450 Million to me is not a lock just yet."Lol It will be at a min 340 million by the end of the weekend coming off a 80 million or so weekend.How the hell would it not make go over 450 million after that?Did this film become the next Spider Man 3??

340 million by this weekend with Memorial weekend coming up? It wouldn't get to 450 million? :bagoverhead:

No it will make over that but again I've seen frontloaded movies start having hard drops. I still think it's early, I personally think 450 is the beyond the floor. I do believe 500 is a lock and most anything after I have to see how it does against competition cause Summer will get crowded. But It will be very interesting to see how it holds this week and this weekend.

Was hoping it could crack $20m for Monday, but hey still obliterates anything any movie has ever done on a non holiday Monday in May. Good drop.

I like to think of it in the context of John Carter for Disney. When you look at it like that, $19m on a non-holiday Monday is the most amazing thing ever. :lol:

I like to think of it in the context of John Carter for Disney. When you look at it like that, $19m on a non-holiday Monday is the most amazing thing ever. :lol:

Lol. Also following my SM1 parallel theory with this, it's about the same Monday drop that movie had. Hello sub 40% 2nd weekend drop! :D