75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

I think that London (a beautiful,amazing city) is still the most ethnically diverse city in the world.Damn, I want to live in London. Best city ever.

I dunno I have cousins who lived there for ten years and they hated it...I think NYC might be tops. Edited by therich84

Is a 35+ friday...A certainty?A possibility?An eventuality?A hypothesis?A pipedream?A madness?A delirium?

Somewhere between pipedream and possibility. $30M would be solid and there's a decent chance TA gets there. If it has a SM1 type of jump then 33M is the number. So it would take better than SM1 performance to reach 35. The WOM is very, very good... but I doubt it is that good.Just being realistic, the only way TA gets to something like $35M is if DS is totally and completely bombs, leaving the masses with really no viable alternative but to see TA. With Burton and Depp involved, I don't envision how it can do that poorly.

The absolute max (and I mean the stars aligning, God coming down and making it happen, max) is $33m, which is roughly the same increase that Spider-Man 1 saw. Anything more than $30m would be a bit of a shock to me; I'm thinking around $29m.

Truth (though I have it doing $30.4M today)

I had major problems with the final 5 minutes of TDK. A) Batman isn't supposed to kill, especially an essentially good man like Harvey Dent, who had only fallen to the Dark Side in the last week (?) or so of his life. In doing so, the Joker basically won - Batman broke his "one rule." I think Bats should've figured out another solution. B) I was much more interested in Joker than Two-Face, so the showdown with Harvey seemed anticlimactic to me. C) It was just too "clean" that Batman was going to be blamed for what Dent did. Again, Joker's prophecy comes to pass: The public turns on Batman. Brilliant in some eyes; convenient and contrived in mine. D) Gordon's son: If Batman saved my life at that age, it would take a lot more than Dad's frilly speech at the end to prevent me from blabbing nonstop to every friend/teacher/acquaintance about what really happened that night. I'd call the papers if I saw everyone calling Batman a killer, knowing what had actually happened.Despite the ending, I do love the movie, mostly cuz of Joker/Ledger.

Going to completely disagree with that take on it. Batman is a hypocrite on the no killing thing. He had more control over saving Ra's Al Ghul than he did saving Two-Face, and he let Ra's die. Batman didn't have a choice with Two-Face. He was about to shoot a 7-8 year old kid. Batman himself had just been shot and had to do something quickly to stop Two-Face. Taking him over the ledge was the only way.

Kristina Allen @CookieKris_93

Considering that every time I try to get Avengers tickets they aresold out, I guess I won't be watching it again #darn

Ifaniel @Ogbevire_

It's 'it's' "@Ayamdizzy: Its "row" RT @Rated_X: Want to seeAvengers again but its been sold out 2 days in a roll now...

Nessie K @sexinessie69

Sigh Avengers is completely sold out for this weekend by@DigicelMAXTT. There goes my plans ☹

Chase Mitchell @ChaseMit

"Nah let's just go home." - guy finding out the 9:30 Avengers is soldout being asked if he wants to see the 9:45 Dark Shadows

♕Lℳ @dawggggggg

Yo the avengers was sold out AGAIN

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/avengers%20sold%20out

This gives me a big grin. :D

• Like 1

RichWS, you should have met my history professor. Woody Allen is her husband's cousin and he is apparently one of the most creepy and pretentious people in the world.

Yeah, the guy essentially married his stepdaughter. He's a creep but he makes some damn good movies.

Did he post that on his blog?I argue with him on Twitter and I like doing it because he's a pompous stubborn mule at times. He also has some really different views on the biz. And he'll argue back with me, but for the most part he's okay. But yes, that is me.

I follow both of you on Twitter, so yes, I see the arguing. :lol:There's someone named "Dan" who's also arguing with him on The Hot Blog.