75Live

May 7 - 10, 2012 Weekday Numbers: AVENGERS 12.5 Thurs pg 61

Why call out just them? Other people on here have admitted they're rooting against TDKR. I don't see you calling them out. No need for double standards here.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would compare the Friday increases of July releases with a May release. :lol:

I haven't read anyone rooting against TDKR. If I had seen it, it'll have me reacting the same way. As Joss Whedon brilliantly put it, this is not a zero-sum game, we are on the same side, people. They are comic book movies at the end of the day, and I want them all to succeed, even Amazing Spider-Man.

I haven't read anyone rooting against TDKR.

Robertron has said numerous times that he is rooting against it because he felt TDK was the most overrated movie ever. Personally I don't have any problem with him taking that position. Hell, I think TDK is one of the most overrated movies ever too. But I am waiting to see TDKR before deciding anything about this new movie's box office run. If it sucks, I will root against it the same as I rooted against SM3 after seeing what a turd it really was. If it's good, I'll hope audiences embrace it. The thing I really like about Avengers' success is it proves you can have a fun summer movie with witty dialogue and humor instead of the shit we normally receive from Hollywood.

But those films were in July. Other May films like SM3 and IM2 are a better comparison.

I already adressed that point in my previous post. Frontloading and rush factor can affect the film's performance in a major way. TDK's Friday increase was weaker compared to Inception. So, TA will most likely not go up 140% like IM2 did.

I already adressed that point in my previous post. Frontloading and rush factor can affect the film's performance in a major way. TDK's Friday increase was weaker compared to Inception. So, TA will most likely not go up 140% like IM2 did.

Seeing as how every one of your predictions has ended in a failure, I don't see why we should listen to you.
  • Like 1

You continue to bring up July movies when Avengers is an early May movie. The comparison is baffling.

Inception had the benefit of being an original film with exceptional WOM. And what evidence is there to suggest TA is more frontloaded than IM2?

You continue to bring up July movies when Avengers is an early May movie. The comparison is baffling.

There was never a May movie as big and as front-loaded as TA.I'm not suggesting that TA will only increase 50% of course. Just that its Friday jump will be weaker than normal for movies in early May.

Robertron has said numerous times that he is rooting against it because he felt TDK was the most overrated movie ever. Personally I don't have any problem with him taking that position. Hell, I think TDK is one of the most overrated movies ever too. But I am waiting to see TDKR before deciding anything about this new movie's box office run. If it sucks, I will root against it the same as I rooted against SM3 after seeing what a turd it really was. If it's good, I'll hope audiences embrace it. The thing I really like about Avengers' success is it proves you can have a fun summer movie with witty dialogue and humor instead of the shit we normally receive from Hollywood.

TDKR won't suck. I doubt Nolan after all he's done would knowingly make a crappy movie. However, I do agree TDK is overrated, I'm not cheering against it...I need it to beat the Avengers, lol, but I'm sure the diehards will go on beating the best movie ever drum which is gonna be annoying.

Well, then Robertron is just as childish as RTX, and two wrongs don't make one right. You know how my feelings for TDK are similar to yours, I agree about being overrated and worst than that, it eclipsed the BEST live action Batman movie so far, Batman Begins. Batman Begins is a movie about Batman, he's the freak, while TDK could be called JOKER and it would be a far more fair title. I think what Batman Begins got it right that no other Batman movie did is that the main freak is Batman, he's the terrifying character, way more than Ra's or Crane, and that's why I hold in such high regard. With that said, I have high hopes for TDKR and hope it will succeed.My weak spot will always be Spider-Man so I'm probably rooting for that movie more than any other else, especially because everyone is treating it as a such underdog. I can see Amazing Spider-Man being the sleeper hit of the comic book movies this year, very much like X-Men First Class was. If I find out it's an awful movie, I'll root against it just like I did for SM3, and same goes for TDKR, but I'll never judge a movie before I've seen it. My point is that RTX and Robotron behavior should be condemned, not endorsed. Regardless of what your favorite character is, we're all in the same boat when it comes to movies based on comic books.

TASM165M/300M/1100M

I hope for this. :D

As for TDK and Inception, I find them criminally overrated, especially Inception. I think TDK is a superb crime movie about Joker, while I think that Batman Begins is criminally underrated because it is the closest a movie has ever been of being the perfect Batman movie.

I believe that the reason for this is the fact that in Batman Begins, there was a balance between David Goyer's script and Christopher Nolan's direction that made that movie special. I feel that balance was broken when Nolan got more control over the script, because I don't feel like Nolan has a better understanding of what Batman is about than Goyer does. With that said and while the trailer for TDKR did nothing for me, I'm still very hopeful for an amazing end of Nolan's Batman, but I gotta confess that I really can't wait for what they'll come up next.