CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

I'm starting to think 650mil could be possible, i still think its a long shot but it could do it, 700mil i doubt it but again it could do it.

Admittedly, $700m is just a hope. It has a slight chance at it, but it's still a long ways off. I think it has a very good chance at $650m.

The thing is though is that today is Mother's Day... I don't think that will help this film at all. In fact, it will probably do more harm than good...

Benjamin Thumm ‏ @BTtrey2

Brunch with the fam and then takin mom to see the Avengers #HappyMothersDay

• Like 1

Well looking now day business is pretty much around par with Yesterday but night business will suffer dramatically.Nonetheless should stay below 35% for sure and likely near 30%.Below 30% would be shocking.

Wow at Marigold's 178 locations beating five wide releases.And pretty good corrective rebounds for TLAM, THG, and TLO!

THG 21% drop is fantastic. TLAM over 80m is awesome.

Could we see an under 30% drop?

I doubt it. But who knows with tweets like these?

Melissa Kay ‏ @mechamelissa

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I'm taking mine to see the Avengers. :D

Judy Adler ‏ @jadler8

Taking my mom (and dad and husband and son) to see Avengers today - great mother's day treat for all.

Amy Wills ‏ @Amy_Wills

Spending Mother's Day afternoon with my mom getting our massive amounts of work done. Then tonight Its Avengers time with the whole family!

Edited by ECSTASY

The thing is though is that today is Mother's Day... I don't think that will help this film at all. In fact, it will probably do more harm than good...

Based off passed years some movies like Thor and Iron Man are helped by mothers day. Some like Iron Man 2 and Spider Man 3 aren't affected at all. None seem to be hurt by it. Saying that, I'm seeing it today with my mom. :P:wub:

Based off passed years some movies like Thor and Iron Man are helped by mothers day. Some like Iron Man 2 and Spider Man 3 aren't affected at all. None seem to be hurt by it. Saying that, I'm seeing it today with my mom. :P:wub:

Iron Man 2 was definitely affected. The studio over-estimated the weekend by over $5M because of the terrible Sunday hold. (Mother's day was on OW, btw).

Iron Man 2 was definitely affected. The studio over-estimated the weekend by over $5M because of the terrible Sunday hold. (Mother's day was on OW, btw).

Mothers day is always the 2nd Sunday in May. And a 35% Sunday drop is average for the year hence unaffected.Edit: I just found out that technically Iron Man's Sunday was the 2nd Sunday. Even so it wasn't affected. Softer drop than normal. It being opening weekend didn't seem to help Sunday much. Edited by TheLombax