CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

That struck me as pretty humorous. Only 70%!

Anyway, $25m would mean at least $85m for the weekend, possibly closer to $90m if Mother's Day is strong.

Not to mention that what she's guesstimating is closer to a 60% drop than 70%. :rolleyes:

From Variety:

Disney-Marvel's "The Avengers" is well on its way to scoring the best domestic sophomore session of all time, with early B.O. estimates forecasting an impressive $85 million-plus for the three-day weekend.

The second-weekend benchmark was previously held by Fox's "Avatar" at $75.5 million.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that number ($85 million) goes up," one exec warned, noting word-of-mouth combined with Mother's Day could see the superhero actioner climb to $95 million-100 million -- though it's too early to tell.

Meanwhile, despite lukewarm reviews, Warner Bros.' "Dark Shadows" is doing moderate biz in second place. The Tim Burton-Johnny Depp pic should open from $30 million to $35 million, per Friday estimates, which includes $550,000 from midnight screenings Thursday.

OK!From now, i decide to add 15 to any number that woman will give us about The Avengers.No matter what/ when/ where.lol

Do it another way. She was off 19% last Friday. So use the percentage instead. If she's off 20% this Friday, you have......wait for it....30 mill!!!! lol

Not to mention that what she's guesstimating is closer to a 60% drop than 70%. :rolleyes:

I think she just does this stuff on purpose. She doesn't care. Just click on her site.

And here we goooooooooooooooo

Disney-Marvel's "The Avengers" is well on its way to scoring the best domestic sophomore session of all time, with early B.O. estimates forecasting an impressive $85 million-plus for the three-day weekend.

The second-weekend benchmark was previously held by Fox's "Avatar" at $75.5 million.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that number ($85 million) goes up," one exec warned, noting word-of-mouth combined with Mother's Day could see the superhero actioner climb to $95 million-100 million -- though it's too early to tell.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053930

And I think she's funny. She likes to piss people off.

Please.Get real.Talking nonsense about everything and getting away with it ?This woman has no professional credibility whatsoever.If she didn't own the site, she would be fired.

Exactly. It provides conversations and debates, plus Nikki bashing. What's not to like about it?

I like it...but it sorta feels like we're in the Genesis cave waiting out repairs to the Enterprise. :bagoverhead:
  • Like 4

Her Friday number would be down 70%.

25m is going to go up and if does not it will still be fucking 25m on its second friday. The Avengers still did better then any expected. I am waiting when Avatar 2 comes out and people complain that Avatar 2 only gross 700m Dom.

This situation is more Avatar-esque than Avatar 2-esque.TA is on its way to grow more, to be a phenom.I want big, emphasis and flabbergasted reports.Don't want the party over.I don't want a "oh, it will still be -insert number- on its second friday" now.That sentence may be said before TA2.(oops, don't know if i made sense with all this).

Please.Get real.Talking nonsense about everything and getting away with it ?This woman has no professional credibility whatsoever.If she didn't own the site, she would be fired.

She doesn't care what you and I think. That's the bottom line. You get real.
  • Like 1

Fat chance. Nikki, while frustrating to us, is one of the few true insiders. Have you read some of the shit she breaks? She gets more in depth at people leaving agencies, tv shows being picked up or canceled, who or what gets tax breaks and so on. She knows her shit. Box office is just one small thing she does.
  • Like 1

Fat chance. Nikki, while frustrating to us, is one of the few true insiders. Have you read some of the shit she breaks? She gets more in depth at people leaving agencies, tv shows being picked up or canceled, who or what gets tax breaks and so on. She knows her shit. Box office is just one small thing she does.

I do recall her taking on Hollywood Reporter at some point. I don't think it ended well for THR either.

WTF?

So every can stop bitching.85m would still be 2nd weekend record. If this would to hit 85m 2nd weekend. I think it would be the first time people complain that the record was not broken big enough. 85m would give this 520m+ Dom and well over a billion.