Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Technically Passion would be the number one on that list.

I know ,if you say it is an Aramaic (?) movie. Normally it is omitted. Or if you want to be more precise: non-english movie overseas, or non-Hollywood movie, but then you have the problem with James Bond, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

TMK1: 16780 Tot Adm Est: 47823 down 17%

1.10m Mon +12%

0.77m Tue -2%

1.68m Wed -10%

0.72m Thu -17%

185.47m Total

Projection
5.2m midweek
7.4m +/- 5% weekend. Wed weakness may indicate a drop 5-10%
193.9m Total

Projected Range
276m Certain---- 12x last weekend is the floor
316m Likely------ 18x My gut here says  :locked: HP7.2 #4WW beat
361m Possible--- 24x E.T. beaten first run 
401m Domestic-- 30x Within the realm of "anything is f-ing possible", like IM3 going down once was and now is foregone :)

WEEK 10 MON-TRH COMBINED 121.107

WEEK 11 MON-THR COMBINED 111.274 (-8,12%)

The party is over? No, absolutely. A 10%-15% drop from a 14,5M$ 10th week (with a weekend bigger than OW) isn't a bad thing, it's the right continuation of an amazing and unprecedented run. In any case even if the last two days there has been a decline, it is always a drop lower than the other movies (on playing many fewer week).

• Like 1

I'll be happy with anything over a 7m weekend, but I'd like it to top 7.2 just so it would be at least flat from 2 weeks ago.

It's really hard to predict Frozen weekends, I don't think anyone was thinking it would be pushing 8m last week, that increase really came out of nowhere.

I remember before Frozen's Japanese release, I told myself that it only needed 85m in Japan to overtake TF3 and become #6 all time, and that I would be extremely happy with anything extra. Let's just say that I am extremely happy. And now Frozen is knocking on #5 all time's door and that fact that there is a serious debate going on about possibly hitting #4 all time is simply amazing. It'll truly be a sad day for us on the BOF when Frozen's run ends. This has truly been an amazing run.

Yeah, Frozen's run is the entire reason I found and joined this place to begin with! :o

• Like 3

today is 109 lovebird discount day.Two for 2200 yen. So, we see an increase in 109..

How many discount days does Japan have?

I'm lucky to get a dollar off if I go at the break of dawn ( 9:00am ) to see a movie.

How many discount days does Japan have?

I'm lucky to get a dollar off if I go at the break of dawn ( 9:00am ) to see a movie.

Every Wednesday is ladies day. And I think the first of each month is a national discount day. Then each chain has their own discount days (such as the 14th of each month for Toho). And various other one-off days may provide discounts.

Every Wednesday is ladies day. And I think the first of each month is a national discount day. Then each chain has their own discount days (such as the 14th of each month for Toho). And various other one-off days may provide discounts.

All these special discount days make my head spin... its as if they do that just to throw off box office predictions :P

All thesse special discount days make my head spin... its as if they do that just to throw off box office predictions :P

Not to mention spring break days, holidays and non-holiday golden week days. Soon we'll have summer days and holiday summer days. But before that we'll have a national discount day on sunday to kick off june ;)

All you need to know is that at the end of Obon it will be 281m. Oooh i just guaranteed another 100m. Thats absurd!
I did predict 166.8 by the end of GW. Maybe this old blind squirrel finds another nut.
Edited by T E Lawrence

All you need to know is that at the end of Obon it will be 281m. Oooh i just guaranteed another 100m. Thats absurd!

I did predict 166.8 by the end of GW. Maybe this old blind squirrel finds another nut.

If it continues to bring in more than $10M per week for the next ten weeks (on average), it should get there before the Obon holiday. I hope that if your prediction is wrong, it will be because it was an underestimate. Otherwise, I really wish that it turns out to be true.

If it continues to bring in more than $10M per week for the next ten weeks (on average), it should get there before the Obon holiday. I hope that if your prediction is wrong, it will be because it was an underestimate. Otherwise, I really wish that it turns out to be true.

allow me to rephrase; at least 281mIt has to drop an average of 8% per week until summer to average 10m per week for 10 weeks. It could happen. Edited by T E Lawrence

Note: Friday Admissions [2:30pm-00:25am]

*4 cinemas total

Wk-9....7551---24970 (x3.30)

Last-Wk.7154---23413 (x3.27)

*Toho                
wk-6......4167---14085 (x3.38)                            
wk-7......3850---13646 (x3.54)  
wk-9......4214---13405 (x3.18) 
Last-Wk...3847---12901 (x3.35)    

wk-6.....1115---3334 (x2.99)                            
wk-7.....988----3099 (x3.13)      
wk-9.....1048---3127 (x2.98)