Impact

Best Makeup-2012

So its the film that will win in one cat but wont be nominated elsewhere. Like Wolfman. (Which that was still funny to hear when it won "Wow The Wolfman is a Oscar winner!" Of course then it was followed by how sad it was that it had more Oscars then True Grit and Dragon)

What? It's pretty damn rare that a movie like Cloud Atlas comes along and uses make up in such a huge vital way these days. Properly transforming some of the actors to something unrecognisable in some cases. But if they really think the crappy work on JoGoLev in LOOPER was better than that, then whatever.

• Like 2

I usually don't care about the Make-up and that but come on Cloud Atlas deserves to win this award hands down and they don't even put it on the Short List?? That's BS just like how Community hasn't won any emmys yet...(sorry off-topic just making an comparison)

Edited by MGK17

Although Cloud Atlas was one of my favorite movies of the year, it did have a few laugh out loud makeup jobs in it.

I wasn't a fan of Bae Doona being made to look like an Englishwoman, but thought all the other make-up jobs were fine and, in many cases, outstanding. (Ben Whishaw playing a woman was bad make-up too, but I thought it was deliberate as it perfectly fit the tone of Timothy Cavendish's story). In any case, to me, Cloud Atlas unquestionably deserves all possible awards for its make-up and editing. Two of the most difficult and important aspects of the film and they pulled them off beautifully. Edited by Jake Gittes