MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

Some tidbits that may or may not be interesting: this past weekend TA passed Superman's adjusted total of 454m. The next comic book milestone is Batman's adjusted total of 498m.

Hmm, when a big movie of this era shatters adjusted records...it's like entering another level, a whole new universe only reachable by very few...

I like it!

The 3rd weekend was a key weekend. Coming off of it, the range has narrowed considerably now. We are looking at between 585-620M final gross.

Posted Image

Performing like the following SH films from now on will get TA to:

IM=620M

SM=605M

IM2=595M

Thor=585M

• Like 1

The 3rd weekend was a key weekend. Coming off of it, the range has narrowed considerably now. We are looking at between 585-620M final gross.IM=620MSM=605MIM2=595MThor=585M

Hmmmm a 600M figure would require very good conditions now.Let's hope it stays solid through all summer long.

That Spidey number is damn impressive considering the film opened to 114m back then. How many films since then that opened higher can claim such a solid hold in its 3rd week?

It's 3rd weekend hold is especially impressive since Attack of the Clones came out that weekend and that had an adjusted OW of 109m and a 150m 4 day. I'm sure Spider-Man benefited from spillover since Attack of the Clones was in only 3,161 theaters and 6,100 screens. That's nothing compared to today's blockbusters.

Anyone knows how today is tracking? Not that it's that interesting, but it should pass Star Wars today, shouldn't it?

With the Victoria Day boost that should be no problem.

Passing it is a given regardeless, but yeah interesting with Canada holiday how Monday holds up, Thought I'd read some posts recently where they didn't think when Canada has a holiday its significant to BO , but it actually is, not that it means BO take some major jump but in a nutshell it would have dropped lot more if not :), with TA Fri/sat CA had higher than normal share and Sunday of cause its share nearly doubled and it was higher BO than Sat and weekend was down less than 30%

Why What to expect opened so poorly?- isn't this book popular in the US?- isn't the casting full of stars/big names?- isn't the timing perfect among the action/fantastic competition?

Fox is pretty pathetic. Universal/Sony stopped tracking Safe House/Vow/Ghost Rider when they were all making $100k$293...LOL At least with ROTPOTA and XMFC they are less of pennycrunchers than the awful Disney lol.But still. Red Tails, Chronicle etc all making nothing. Wouldn't be surprised to see $17 next week. Or even $7. lol

Why What to expect opened so poorly?- isn't this book popular in the US?- isn't the casting full of stars/big names?- isn't the timing perfect among the action/fantastic competition?

I saw the trailer multiple times because LGF attached it to THG. It. Was. Not. Funny. Even the THG midnight audience (huge room, several hundred people who reacted to pretty much every trailer) barely reacted to it. The movie just looked confusing (little indication of plot/story) and unfunny (guys pushing stroller? um...). Not surprised at all that it bombed.

Avatar has the "fastest to $500M" record with 32 days. The Avengers should get there by day 25, maybe day 24 if Men in Black 3 has terrible WOM or publicity.After that, Avatar passed $550M on day 38 (the end of the 6th weekend). Whether or not the Avengers can get to $550M that fast will determine if it will get to $600M or even beyond that.

"Passing it is a given regardeless, but yeah interesting with Canada holiday how Monday holds up, Thought I'd read some posts recently where they didn't think when Canada has a holiday its significant to BO , but it actually is, not that it means BO take some major jump but in a nutshell it would have dropped lot more if not :), with TA Fri/sat CA had higher than normal share and Sunday of cause its share nearly doubled and it was higher BO than Sat and weekend was down less than 30%"Looking at those numbers TA is set to become one of the biggest films ever in Canada.DH2 opened to 13 million and got 43 million.TA opened to 15.5 million and with DH2 legs goes to 51 million.TDK got around 51-52 million.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Fox is pretty pathetic.

Universal/Sony stopped tracking Safe House/Vow/Ghost Rider when they were all making $100k

$293...LOL At least with ROTPOTA and XMFC they are less of pennycrunchers than the awful Disney lol.

But still. Red Tails, Chronicle etc all making nothing. Wouldn't be surprised to see $17 next week. Or even $7. lol

Isn't this one still dying JUST under the 50M mark?

I hate when rounded numbers are that close.

I saw the trailer multiple times because LGF attached it to THG. It. Was. Not. Funny. Even the THG midnight audience (huge room, several hundred people who reacted to pretty much every trailer) barely reacted to it. The movie just looked confusing (little indication of plot/story) and unfunny (guys pushing stroller? um...LOL). Not surprised at all that it bombed.

Hmm ok! Thanks for your point of view.

Confusing and unfunny...what could be worse adjectives for a comedy?

lol

Why pointing out this movie?

Lol, my twisted logic and blind allegiance to anything Marvel. It's a lousy movie, but it's still a Marvel movie. So I still take some pride in it beating other more noticable films beneath it: Red Tails, The Grey, The Artist. Like I said, twisted...and sad.