MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

The 3rd weekend was a key weekend. Coming off of it, the range has narrowed considerably now. We are looking at between 585-620M final gross.

Posted Image

Performing like the following SH films from now on will get TA to:

IM=620M

SM=605M

IM2=595M

Thor=585M

Great stufff. I have been projecting 590-620M for a few weeks now, looks like it was a good one. :)

Lol, my twisted logic and blind allegiance to anything Marvel. It's a lousy movie, but it's still a Marvel movie. So I still take some pride in it beating other more noticable films beneath it: Red Tails, The Grey, The Artist. Like I said, twisted...and sad.

... The Phantom Menace was a re-release. There's nothing to be proud about beating a re-release. Especially when the original movie outsold Ghost Rider 2 by at least 12 times as many tickets.And that Ghost Rider 2 fell at least 55% in admissions from the original. And that the Grey was one of the first wide releases from Open Road opening in January and not President's Day. At this rate, you might as well be proud it will outgross Salmon Fishing in the Yemen since that starred Obi Wan Kenobi or 2012 Oscar Nominated Shorts since they were Oscar nominated or Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu because there are at least 14.6m Asians in America meaning it should have made $115.6m instead of the $1.1m it actually did. Edited by BK007

... The Phantom Menace was a re-release. There's nothing to be proud about beating a re-release. Especially when the original movie outsold Ghost Rider 2 by at least 12 times as many tickets.And that Ghost Rider 2 fell at least 55% in admissions from the original. And that the Grey was one of the first wide releases from Open Road opening in January and not President's Day. At this rate, you might as well be proud it will outgross Salmon Fishing in the Yemen since that starred Obi Wan Kenobi or 2012 Oscar Nominated Shorts since they were Oscar nominated or Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu because there are at least 14.6m Asians in America meaning it should have made $115.6m instead of the $1.1m it actually did.

Trust me, the pride I have in Ghost Rider's gross is a shallow, depressing and ultimately meaningless one. I still love the comic, which is why I wanted the film to do well even if it was a big pile of crap. Somewhere deep inside I want to believe that a part of it was actually good, but all I really want to do is take those two hicks that directed it and toss 'em into pit filled with porcupines. That would be followed by Nic Cage and the producers. Grrr!

Trust me, the pride I have in Ghost Rider's gross is a shallow, depressing and ultimately meaningless one. I still love the comic, which is why I wanted the film to do well even if it was a big pile of crap. Somewhere deep inside I want to believe that a part of it was actually good, but all I really want to do is take those two hicks that directed it and toss 'em into pit filled with porcupines. That would be followed by Nic Cage and the producers. Grrr!

I hear ya there. Loved the comic and was so sad at what I got in a movie. Similar thoughts regarding Green Lantern. I have no idea how they screwed those two up.

Some tidbits that may or may not be interesting: this past weekend TA passed Superman's adjusted total of 454m. The next comic book milestone is Batman's adjusted total of 498m.

I just checked and Spider-Man 2 adjusts to $476m, so that would be next up.

I hear ya there. Loved the comic and was so sad at what I got in a movie. Similar thoughts regarding Green Lantern. I have no idea how they screwed those two up.

And it's a double-edged sword. Even if the film is terrible I still want it to do well because it would provide incentive for the studio to make another, hopefully better one. Unfortunately studios can also abuse that incentive, thinking they can deliver a turkey, because the loyal fans will still turn up to see it, thereby perpetuating the cycle of shit. I can wholly understand what it must have felt like for fans when Superman 4 came out.

Lol, my twisted logic and blind allegiance to anything Marvel. It's a lousy movie, but it's still a Marvel movie. So I still take some pride in it beating other more noticable films beneath it: Red Tails, The Grey, The Artist. Like I said, twisted...and sad.

Ok i understand.And i agree(same twisted Marvel fan here ;))