hasanahmad

Monday Numbers (actuals page 8) TA 5.687

in front of two underwhelming weekends, TA fall a good 50.3% in the second weekend and a not-so-good 46.0% in the third weekend without almost no competition

I guess TDK had two bad weekends two after the first?http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=darkknight.htm

I'm pretty sure there are accomodations for both MIB:3 and TA to share the IMAX screen in some capacity..

In Los Angeles, most iMAX theaters are still playing the Avengers. I would have to drive 20+ miles to find an IMAX theater playing MIB3 (so no Spiderman 6 minute sneak for me unfortunately).

in front of two underwhelming weekends, TA fall a good 50.3% in the second weekend and a not-so-good 46.0% in the third weekend without almost no competition

Three new openers = almost no competition?

None of those were Memorial Weekend.

TA 4weekend in front of OW MIB3:

without the memorial weekend: above 50% drop

with the memorial day: sub-50% drop

(my english skills doesn't allow me to write more elaborate comments) :ph34r:

TF 3 3weekend against OW of DH2 (-54.7%)*Cars 2 2weekend against OW of DOTM (-60.3%)*Puss in Boots 4weekend against OW HP2 (-56.3%)*TS3 3weekend against OW of TLA (49.0%)**AIW 4weekend against OW of HTTYD (-48.2%)***Avatar 12weekend against OW of AIW (-40.5%. until AIW, Avatar had a average drop of 14.1%) ****Journey 2 4weekend against OW of Lorax (-51.1%)*****JC 4weekend against ow of WOTT (-60.0%)******Thor 3weekend against OW of OST (-55.5%)*****

*Record breaking or 110m+ weekend**TLA and Eclipse OW(Over 110m)***Drop in line with its other weekend drops and normal loss of theaters against direct competition****Avatar's run is like no other since 3D was the focus of its appeal. Also, theaters at the time only had one or two 3D screens max. Theaters now have a lot more 3D depth.*****Direct competition, regardless of 3D******Really? Theaters were dumping that turkey and 60% drops were right in line with the rest of its drops.

Still opened wide. Bombing doesn't mean they didn't take showings away from Avengers

they also took away showings from movies which dropped off theaters and which had reduced showings as well. If MIB III had opened this weekend, do you think it would have fallen 46% of 56%?
  • Like 1

It wouldn't have dropped 50% either way.

Yeah, its second weekend drop was 50%, and its third weekend drop was 46%.

But huge drops are inevitable when you're talking about 200M and 100M weekends

Wasn't you the guy who said The Avengers would have a mild success in Brazil or something? :lol:Wasn't that time enough?

:lol: :lol: you remember that, damn youI made that prediction based on facts, just the movies SM passed that markand I was so wrong...

they also took away showings from movies which dropped off theaters and which had reduced showings as well. If MIB III had opened this weekend, do you think it would have fallen 46% of 56%?

Of course. But three movies opened in over 3000 theaters. How much they made is not relevant. They're competition in the sense that theaters took screens/showings from Avengers and gave them to those 3 movies.
  • Like 1

Your English is fine goffe. I just don't think you're analyzing it correctly. But, we won't have long to find out. :)

I guess we'll see this weekend how good Avengers legs are really.

Are you being sarcastic? Or are you just really hard to please? :)That $100-million second weekend, and $55-million third weekend, weren't indicative of pretty good legs? Stacy Kiebler's got nuthin' on The Avengers, my friend! :P

Are you being sarcastic? Or are you just really hard to please? :)That $100-million second weekend, and $55-million third weekend, weren't indicative of pretty good legs? Stacy Kiebler's got nuthin' on The Avengers, my friend! :P

LOL it was fanboy frontloading.No I was serious. I'm really talking about the homestretch when the hysteria dies down.

Come to think of it, yes, he is right. TA should drop close to 60% this weekend. :wave:

not that extreme ;)I think in a 47% drop the 3-day weekend and 39% drop in the 4-day weekend, isn't out of this world, come on guys Edited by Goffe Rises