The Stingray

Best blockbuster year ever

Best blockbuster year ever  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What year was the best year for blockbusters?

• 1977 (Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Close Encounters of the Third Kind)
    • 1981 (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Superman II, Clash of the Titans)
    • 1982 (E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Rocky III, Poltergeist)
    • 1984 (Beverly Hills Cop, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Gremlins, The Karate Kid)
    • 1985 (Back to the Future, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Cocoon, The Goonies)
    • 1987 (Lethal Weapon, Predator, Robocop)
    • 1989 (Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lethal Weapon 2)
    • 1994 (Forrest Gump, The Lion King, True Lies, Speed)
    • 1996 (Independence Day, Twister, Mission: Impossible)
    • 1997 (Titanic, Men in Black, Face/Off, Con Air)
    • 1999 (Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, The Sixth Sense, The Matrix, The Mummy)
    • 2003 (The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, X2: X-Men United)
    • 2005 (Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds, King Kong, Batman Begins)
    • 2008 (The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, WALL-E)
    • 2012 (The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man, Prometheus)
    • Other

I already did this one over at world of kj, but thought might as well do one here too.Some years were left out as they basically only had one noteworthy blockbuster, like '80 with only Empire and '93 with only Jurassic Park. My reasoning was that any given year had to have at least 3 big/interesting movies.

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray

2007???Spider-Man 3, The Simpsons Movie, Transformers, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Bourne 3, Knocked Up, Fantastic Four 2, Ratatouille, Superbad, and Evan Almighty. That was the best summer ever!!

2007???Spider-Man 3, The Simpsons Movie, Transformers, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Bourne 3, Knocked Up, Fantastic Four 2, Ratatouille, Superbad, and Evan Almighty. That was the best summer ever!!

I couldn't include every year. Some had to go, sorry. But there is an "other" choice.

My answer is 1984. A much anticipated sequel and 4 franchise starters. It was an incredible year.Ghostbusters is the first movie I remember seeing. I was 5 and we saw it in a drive-in theater. I remember the Puft Man freaking me out.