hasanahmad

Tuesday box office estimates 5/23/2012 Avengers 4.8 BS 2.2 Dictator 2.1

There really was no reason for 3D share to continue dropping after the 2nd weekend. We know it was at 60% on the OW, and possibly around 55% on the 2nd and 3rd.This weekend it's going to drop to 40% because of the loss of 3D screens.

It was 52% OW I believe. No way it was that high for subsequent weekends.

I actually got a memo from Disney and they told me they are afraid of the warm weather than is gripping much of the north eastern US and southh west Canada, so they are pulling it this weekend from all theaters but about 500.I expect TA to drop by about 80% this weekend.It might not hit 500 now.

Seriously Baumer? A memo from Disney? I glad they are reading these forums. Many posters have been tracking the b.o. for many years and are quite good at tracking.

There really was no reason for 3D share to continue dropping after the 2nd weekend. We know it was at 60% on the OW, and possibly around 55% on the 2nd and 3rd.

This weekend it's going to drop to 40% because of the loss of 3D screens.

Yes, actually there was. The second weekend TA had many, many complete sellouts. It didn't top $100M by not selling out any showings. That made people buy tickets for 3D showings when they may have preferred a 2D one, simply because the 2D showing was sold out.

By the third weekend, however, TA was not selling out like that. Pretty much everyone watching it in 3D last weekend did so because that was the way they preferred to view it. That marked the first weekend where viewer preference was the primary deciding factor.

Again, attendance did not drop 46% from weekend 2 to weekend 3. The gross did. Those are two different things.

I forgot this weekend is a holiday. Great holds = closer and closer to 400m for THG B)

Yes it does. It's amazing run gets overshadowed by the Avengers but it has definitely exceed expectations and then some.

It's more impressive IMO.

Hmm...I use to think THG run was more impressive but it looks like TA will have a 3.0+ multiplier from its galactic 207 million opening so I have to give it to TA. However, THG is a very very close second IMO so far. 3rd biggest opening at the time, very good legs, beat all the twilight and Potter fims domestically without 3D, and will cross 400 million. Sensational. Edited by Moviefanatic

This theater is more representative of America.http://www.fandango....?date=5/25/2012

Really?This theater is still showing "Hunger Games" on one screen, while many other big chains have dropped it. Also, it's showing "Moonrise Kingdom" - a film that is on a slow role out across the U.S. - on 2 screens! Most theater chains will not have that film (at least not yet).Even with that, both MIB3 and TA are showing on 3 screens in that theater - the big difference is that MIB3 will have two 3D screens. That may not be true for many theaters. Given how well TA has performed on the weekends and given that this is also Memorial Day weekend, I also guess that TA may even still show in one of the bigger screens in many theaters (one for TA, one for MIB3). Hence, for this weekend, I don't think theater or screen count will impact TA that much. And given that the first weeken of June is also a slower time for releases, I imagine counts won't change much then either. It'll be the second weekend of June where TA will probably take its biggest hit in screen count.

Seriously Baumer? A memo from Disney? I glad they are reading these forums. Many posters have been tracking the b.o. for many years and are quite good at tracking.

sorry buddy, it was a sarcastic post aimed at RTX. :)