filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

Tom Cruise took a big cut for MIGP where he was paid $12.5m upfront plus percentage of gross, MI3 was the film where he was paid $75m but I imagine that included gross percentage too but a bigger upfront salary.Bad Boys III could work but they'd need to keep the budget to a sensible level but I imagine Smith and Bay's salaries alone would be a good chunk of the budget. Bad Boys II cost $130m, Bad Boys III should IMO cost $140-150m but I imagine it would nearer $200m which is crazy for an R rated action comedy.

You're talking about Michael Bay though. Say what you want about the man, but he's very well known to really stretch a budget.

I think "Bad Boys III" could have a Fast Five run or even higher. It will increase worldwide also. I think they could put it in 3D but that would be kinda gimmicky and I want a gritty action film but you know after Bad Boys II, they are going to up the ante Big Time in the 3rd one. You saw what happen with TF3, Bay only gets Bigger. Can't Wait, 7/1/2015 is a great target date, they could lock it up next year for sure but Bay, Will and yes even Martin plates are full for the next 2 years for sure. What's funny is all 3 since 1995 original have just gotten too Big. So that's why it's taking over a decade to do a sequel. Between 1 and 2 was 8 years and 2 and 3 will be 12 Years.

Edited by filmscholar

While I think Bay should return for BBIII, it would be interesting to see another director like Justin Lin take it on, Lin's experience on the Fast and Furious franchise would make him an ideal choice if Bay decided not to direct it.

This will underwhelm at BO just like MIB3 did and you wanna know why ? Because its going to have some insane 200 + mil budget, its going to come out way too far away from its predecessor that wasn't all that good, plus this series of films never posted numbers that would indicate that this movie can gross 600 + mil I don't even believe in it grossing over 500 at this point and so on and so on When it comes to Will Smith movies nowadays its sorta like a deja vu

This will underwhelm at BO just like MIB3 did and you wanna know why ?Because its going to have some insane 200 + mil budget, its going to come out way too far away from its predecessor that wasn't all that good, plus this series of films never posted numbers that would indicate that this movie can gross 600 + mil I don't even believe in it grossing over 500 at this point and so on and so onWhen it comes to Will Smith movies nowadays its sorta like a deja vu

Big difference is, that BB3 will be directed by Bay. I don't understand didn't MiB3 meet expectations (maybe not passed), so why is the Smith nail in the coffin? Far away from its predecessor and that matters why?

Smith is relevant OS, so is Bay.

MIB3 didn't set the world on fire. the concept is the star these days. WS is getting older...he's not gonna be relevant to the new generation for too long. they have channing tatum now :P

MIB3 didn't set the world on fire. the concept is the star these days. WS is getting older...he's not gonna be relevant to the new generation for too long. they have channing tatum now :P

200M+ WW OW is not set the world on fire? Will see next year with AE and Winter's Tale and upcoming BB3, Hancock 2. Tatum is not on Smith's level. Lets see after JS2 and Jupiter Ascending where he is.

I'm not sure a third Bad Boys film will be as successful as many think. The second one wasn't even that big and i'm not sure there are enough fans to make up for the huge budget that it will probably have.

While I think Bay should return for BBIII, it would be interesting to see another director like Justin Lin take it on, Lin's experience on the Fast and Furious franchise would make him an ideal choice if Bay decided not to direct it.

Bad Boys is Michael Bay's baby, Yes Lin did prove himself recently but I can't see anyone directing this but Bay, Also though Lin did well you can see the Bay influence. Why not have the original?

i doubt this will happen. is this franchise relevant OS?

Bad Boys franchise has grossed over 200 Million Worldwide and Will and Bay are both huge overseas.

I'm not sure a third Bad Boys film will be as successful as many think. The second one wasn't even that big and i'm not sure there are enough fans to make up for the huge budget that it will probably have.

The 2nd one had a 43 Million OW back in 2003, I was there and many were predicting less than 20 Million OW. I don't think a lot of you understand how popular this movie is with regular people. They've watched them on home video and TV for years. Both have high scores on RT with the fans.

The 2nd one had a 43 Million OW back in 2003, I was there and many were predicting less than 20 Million OW. I don't think a lot of you understand how popular this movie is with regular people. They've watched them on home video and TV for years. Both have high scores on RT with the fans.

I don't agree to be honest. I was there also. Actually i was there when the first one came out when none of them was as big.I think i understand the popularity of this movie with regular people. Of course it has fans and of course Will Smith and Michael Bay have fans. That's not the point. The point is that this film will probably have a really big budget. A budget that probably doesn't worth spending when the first two films weren't that succeful. They did fine don't get me wrong but their numbrs aren't something to celedrate. Actually Bad Boys 2 wasn't as big as expected. And it wasn't as well received. Yes there are people that loved it and wait for a third one but i don't think there are enough for them.The salaries of the main trio will rise its budget to 170m minimum. It's an R rated sequel 12 years after the last one. Men In Black 3 isn't doing something special. It's not Indiana Jones or Terminator.I'd say Die Hard 4 is a closer comparison. It did good but can Bad Boys 3 keep the budget normal? And will they sucrifice the R rating for a better run? I don't know. I don't think that it will be successful enough to take such a big risk.

I don't agree to be honest. I was there also. Actually i was there when the first one came out when none of them was as big.

I think i understand the popularity of this movie with regular people. Of course it has fans and of course Will Smith and Michael Bay have fans. That's not the point. The point is that this film will probably have a really big budget. A budget that probably doesn't worth spending when the first two films weren't that succeful. BBI - 19M budget, 141M WW and BBII 130M budget, 273M WW. If that isn't successful than I don't know what is. They did fine don't get me wrong but their numbrs aren't something to celedrate. Actually Bad Boys 2 wasn't as big as expected. And it wasn't as well received. Yes there are people that loved it and wait for a third one but i don't think there are enough for them.

The salaries of the main trio will rise its budget to 170m minimum. It's an R rated sequel 12 years after the last one. Men In Black 3 isn't doing something special. It's not Indiana Jones or Terminator. Well Terminator didn't set the world on fire. Before calling it DoA lets wait to see how some of these upcoming sequel/reboots rated R movies make.

I'd say Die Hard 4 is a closer comparison. It did good but can Bad Boys 3 keep the budget normal? And will they sucrifice the R rating for a better run? I don't know. Prometheus could be a big factor in this. I don't think that it will be successful enough to take such a big risk.

You obviously misunderstood. I wrote they weren't "that" succesful. They were but not really big. The first one sure. Big hit but not blockbuster numbers. Plus if 273m WW for a 130m budget movie is your definition of success you probably need to check some other films' grosses. You 'll see that movies can easily be more profitable than that. Especially movies that want a sequel 12 years later and carry a huge budget.I don't call anything DoA. I could be wrong but in my opinion it's a big risk and it won't be succeful enough. For example MIB3 isn't. And i'm pretty sure that BB3 would love to have Terminator 3 numbers. But that one was a sequel to T2 and the other to BB2. Huge difference don't you think? Lets not compare the two franchises.I'm with you on Prometheus. Its run could be a big factor for many Hollywood studio decisions.

You obviously misunderstood. I wrote they weren't "that" succesful. They were but not really big. The first one sure. Big hit but not blockbuster numbers. Plus if 273m WW for a 130m budget movie is your definition of success you probably need to check some other films' grosses. You 'll see that movies can easily be more profitable than that. Especially movies that want a sequel 12 years later and carry a huge budget.I don't call anything DoA. I could be wrong but in my opinion it's a big risk and it won't be succeful enough. For example MIB3 isn't. And i'm pretty sure that BB3 would love to have Terminator 3 numbers. But that one was a sequel to T2 and the other to BB2. Huge difference don't you think? Lets not compare the two franchises.I'm with you on Prometheus. Its run could be a big factor for many Hollywood studio decisions.

Big difference between BB3 and T3. If T3 would have kept Cameron + cast then the final would have been different. Bad comparison, better is DH4, IJIV and Prometheus.

But it was a hit for it's time.Michael Bay has had only one flop, only one, in his career. The rest of his movies made bank. I definitely see this thing doing Fast Five numbers. And, Michael Bay don't shy away from Rated R movies either.The only thing I would say for this next installment, is that they are probably going to have to amp up their villain. It would be killer if they did have Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Joey Pants and Gabriel Union reprise their roles, and maybe have Gabriel Union's co-star from Neo Ned, Jeremy Renner, playing the villain........ Edited by Warhorse