20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Mind blowing.....ly stupid. I would say it is the worst big budget action blockbuster I have ever seen but luckily for this movie Revenge of The Fallen exists. This movie was just way to ludicrous and inconceivable to ever take seriously, but since i couldn't take it seriously and it had no comic relief, it was not only mind numbmingly stupid but also extremely boring. In addition its also confusing, convoluted and it comes off way to much as trying to repeat the success of Bourne, while coming nowhere even near to that series. In addition even the action was pretty lame, it all felt like something I had seen before in far better/funner movies. This movie was not only the worst movie I saw in 2010 but one of the worst I've ever seen.D/D-

I watched this on a DVD that had 3 different versions of the movie and I can't remember which version was eventually chosen but man, was I bored, the action felt uninspired and the plot twists could be seen from about 3000 miles away. Jolie is good though.

I really don't remember much about it but it was filmed competently which is the most important thing about an action film. Plotholes really don't bother me here - in a film where a slim woman beats the crap out of muscular agents, plotholes are the least of my concerns, we're obviously deep in fantasy territory here :)

What really bothers me btw is this agent-hunted-by-own-agency stuff that's getting really old. (I enjoyed R.E.D. but strictly as a comedy)

• Like 2

Well, there's a difference between, say, stunt action, and fight action - with stunt action, it really doesn't much matter how tall you are or if men or woman, it's got more to do with artistics, balance and so on. When Angelina does a nice flight roll, that's compeltely ok with me. When there's guns involved, well, it's a matter of reaction and accuracy and cold blood, and I guess there's not much difference again. Close-combat-action, otoh, is a different story, and while I'm completely in favour of female heroes and empowerment, some of the stuff we get served is really ridiculous. I liked "Hanna" too to a certain degree, but is was obviously pure fantasy, just like KillBill.

Sure, even good action films are usually unbelievable and over-the-top; they stand up from falls which would give us severe contusions (if not broken bones), they catch themselves from a fall with one hand gripping a cable (which would leave us with a luxated shoulder joint) ... but I guess we kind of expect and accept that, same as real people are never as beautiful as those on screen (present company excepted of course).

Fun movie until they tried to out-clever themselves with the blah-blah at the end. B-

I remember being annoyed by a plot hole about the president, but apart from that it was a good movie

In the director's cut they fix that--- Winter kills the President. Don't know why they left that open in the theatrical version- I guess to keep the PG13 rating?

I only watched the theatrical movie, but maybe the President had to be alive for that hand scanner to work?

Watched the Director's Cut. This movie had an interesting story, I give it that, but it was way too short. It was badly written and squeezed together. We didn't get enough of Angelina to start caring for her. A two hour/two hour and a bit movie would've been much, much better.