Impact

Behind the Camera

The Oscar race in CAYOM is more competitive than ever, it seems.

The key then is to avoid the early hype. Cause I see some people here throwing out how X film they're making is gonna be Da Bomb, and it's a good way to blow the wad too early. Gotta sneak some high quality stuff in there to steal the thunder.

The key then is to avoid the early hype. Cause I see some people here throwing out how X film they're making is gonna be Da Bomb, and it's a good way to blow the wad too early. Gotta sneak some high quality stuff in there to steal the thunder.

That's the best way to make a movie. Shut up. You will hype it so much that even a masterpiece will seem underwhelming. Worked well for some of my movies.

• Like 1

I'm like halfway (?) through my next PTA/Coen movie, but I like haven't had the time between work and spending a month in china with the bf mountaining and then Russia and like the only time I've had to write was on the plane ride back and like now that I'm back like there's so much shit to deal with and like my motivation is kinda diminishing, but I really do want to finish it and yeah... It's a slow wip, but it should be ready soon?

It's gonna be totally different than most of my other films and certainly my coen films. It explores similar themes, but through the lens of drug addiction, suicide and being gay, set in Hollywood. (Starring Garrett Hedlund of course :P)

Edited by riczhang

I kinda struck lucky with the 4Chan movies back in my first year (Year 5). Never thought I'd win an Oscar in my first year. :)

I was really close to winning Best Picture if it wasn't for... ugh, riczhang.

I've been thinking; how long do you guys think this game will go? We ran into a giant pothole in Year 8; how much longer until this game finally runs out of steam?

Probably 'till most people around here get a job and essentially start putting their lives ahead of this forum and game. Like The Creator did, for example.