hasanahmad

Monday Est. Box Office MAD3 6.4, Prom 5.3, Snow White 2.7

And, in all seriousness, what exactly is supposed to be the thought-provoking element of this movie? (I've seen it.) Is it the origin of life on Earth? Because that didn't strike me as an altogether original idea.

I don't think it's a deep movie, but that doesn't mean there aren't thought-provoking elements. To me, it all revolves around creators and their creations and how each react to the other. David's relationship with Weyland (and to humanity in general, to a certain extent), Weyland and Vickers, the Engineers and humans, the Engineers and their xeno-creations, Shaw and her god, etc. There's an underlying theme of creations getting rejected and kicked to the curb, only to strike back with sudden violence at their parents/creators.
  • Like 2

Some good holds from Sunday on some of the smaller films:

Title Mon, Jun. 11 2012 Locations Avg. Total Wks. Dist. 1 What to Expect When You're Expecting $382,375 -49% 2,087 -820 $183 $36,205,973 4 Lionsgate

Limited (100 — 999)

# Title Mon, Jun. 11 2012 Locations Avg. Total Wks. Dist. 1 The Hunger Games $157,003 -51% 751 -348 $209 $400,429,538 12 Lionsgate 2 Mirror Mirror $44,613 -42% 303 -54 $147 $63,521,640 11 Relativity Media 3 Crooked Arrows $27,483 -59% 278 -49 $99 $1,585,381 4 Branded/Peck Films 4 The Cabin in the Woods $10,382 -45% 113 -23 $92 $41,300,687 9 Lionsgate 5 Safe (2012) $8,645 -54% 111 -64 $78 $17,060,113 7 Lionsgate

Platform (1 — 99)

# Title Mon, Jun. 11 2012 Locations Avg. Total Wks. Dist. 1 Moonrise Kingdom $195,110 -57% 96 80 $2,032 $3,926,111 3 Focus 2 Girl in Progress $4,396 -59% 57 7 $77 $2,560,480 5 Lionsgate / Pantelion 3 The Raven $2,213 -31% 34 -27 $65 $15,819,520 7 Relativity Media 4 Cartas a Elena $800 -73% 12 -- $67 $8,511 1 Freestyle Releasing

Anyone who says Prometheus isn't thought provoking is missing something. I personally loved it but totally understand why many could HATE it. Regardless, the movie is thought provoking (I'm comfortable making that statement absolute).Also, whoever said Inception is for stupid people is not only ignorant and clearly lacks rhetorical skill but also probably didn't even grasp what was happening on screen. Even of you hated inception, to call it "stupid" is quite perplexing.Inception is the better film (it's tighter and the pacing is pretty amazing) but Promtheus is pretty damn thought provoking as well (even more than Inception in certain aspects, by I digress).

• Like 1

Additionally, why are people even responding to this Noctis character who is clearly a contrarian? All it does is bloat the forums and makes them less interesting to read.

Noctis is a lot of things, but he's not a contrarian. He's a classic poster from BOM. Most of us know him and know what he's like. We know when to take him seriously and when not to.He's usually fine, but from time to time just goes ... yeah, good word KB ... apeshit (mostly in his Potter defense.) :rofl:He's nutz, and has the ability to act like a petulant 8-year-old, but he's Noctis. And we (most of us) love him. He certainly keeps things interesting and is often funny.

Blah blah blah Avengers numbers blah blah Potter is better blah blah no it's not blah blah Potter is stupid blah blah no it's not blah troll blah blah liar blah inflation blah blah blah THE LEGEND ENDS blah blah blah Prometheus held okay.All in all a traditional summer weekday thread.

• Like 3

Blah blah blah Avengers numbers blah blah Potter is better blah blah no it's not blah blah Potter is stupid blah blah no it's not blah troll blah blah liar blah inflation blah blah blah THE LEGEND ENDS blah blah blah Prometheus held okay.

All in all a traditional summer weekday thread.

Posted Image

Blah blah blah Avengers numbers blah blah Potter is better blah blah no it's not blah blah Potter is stupid blah blah no it's not blah troll blah blah liar blah inflation blah blah blah THE LEGEND ENDS blah blah blah Prometheus held okay.All in all a traditional summer weekday thread.

Apparently, I wasn't too late. I stopped reading at page 6 and assumed the argument was over by page 13. Never underestimate a war between Baumer, the mod, and Noctis, the Potthead.

I love how the first pages of this topic were about TheAvengers (and yes, i "fucking" care about it!) and the latter ones about Prometheus.Really...they are the movies-to talk-about.

No they aren't. Potter is the movie to talk about. Stay on topic. Edited by Letsuseournoggin

:lol:

I don't think it's a deep movie, but that doesn't mean there aren't thought-provoking elements. To me, it all revolves around creators and their creations and how each react to the other. David's relationship with Weyland (and to humanity in general, to a certain extent), Weyland and Vickers, the Engineers and humans, the Engineers and their xeno-creations, Shaw and her god, etc. There's an underlying theme of creations getting rejected and kicked to the curb, only to strike back with sudden violence at their parents/creators.

Ok, I'll give you that THAT is a worthy underlying theme... but it's so poorly executed in my opinion. But at the same time... if you don't mix it in with Friday-the-13th style characters then I guess you get a boring film. I was entertained for the time I was in my seat. It got my money. And I guess that's all I can contribute.