Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

I liked Terminator 3. Yeah, it had some stupid comedic moments that delegitimized the character, and yeah, it was basically a rehash of the second one. But all in all it was an enjoyable, albeit less memorable, action movie.

And the set-piece with Arnie hanging from the crane, tops T2's truck chase.

If T3 was a stand alone action/sci-fi film it would had been rated much better IMO. But it had to have the inevitable comparisons to T2 and it was always going to come up short compared to that masterpiece. 

On a semi-related note.

T1 is better than T2

• Like 2

Ooh, I thought of one!

Last Action Hero >> True Lies.

For me, LAH was the last classic Schwarzenegger movie. It was clever (almost too clever for its own good) full of witty dialogue and had a great villain. True Lies was a good action movie but nothing more. It was the first time I was disappointed by a Cameron movie, and started his current trend of focusing more on visuals and technological breakthroughs rather than the strong character development and plots of his earlier movies.

Ooh, I thought of one!

Last Action Hero >> True Lies.

For me, LAH was the last classic Schwarzenegger movie. It was clever (almost too clever for its own good) full of witty dialogue and had a great villain. True Lies was a good action movie but nothing more. It was the first time I was disappointed by a Cameron movie, and started his current trend of focusing more on visuals and technological breakthroughs rather than the strong character development and plots of his earlier movies.

I wont' say LAH > TL, but it's indeed a fantastic film and very under-rated. It's a shame it flopped hard at the boxoffice.

• Like 1

Aside from Large Marge, there isn't a single thing about Pee Wee's Big Adventure that is memorable, much less funny.

For a while there I thought I was the only one. From the moment the character of Pee-Wee appeared on screen, I wanted him to die a slow, agonizing death. It was honestly infuriating. 

• Like 1

For a while there I thought I was the only one. From the moment the character of Pee-Wee appeared on screen, I wanted him to die a slow, agonizing death. It was honestly infuriating. 

I freakin' loath Pee Wee's Big Adventure and it's mostly due to that annoying character and his grating retarded giggles. The only thing good and memorable are Elfman's themes, Overture-Big Race and Breakfast Machine.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1