Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

I don't mind the Ewoks that much since they factor into Lucas' metaphor for native guerilla uprisings throwing out oppressive occupiers with tangible foreign support (his biggest model for them was the Vietcong), but I really wish they had been Wookiees instead, since his original drafts for the first Star Wars had Yavin as the Wookiee planet and the Wookiees would team up with Rebel forces to blow up the Death Star.

• Like 2

Star Wars OT is completely average, with the minor exception of ESB - which is merely good, but not great.

having only seen the first star wars, i'm sure this is true, because nearly everything about the original is abysmal - the acting is awful, the pacing all over the place, the story generic, many of the sets amateurish, and even john williams' music is poorly edited into the film without any proper ambiance at all. it's a horrible film.

Edited by lisa

Superhero movies are dull and beyond overstaturated now. I'm done with them.  Same thing over and over.  The tipping point was Amazing Spider-Man which proved the superhero genre is so bereffed of any new ideas that they were remaking a ten year old film.

I also fail to see what the fuss about Man of Steel is, I saw it when it was called Superman I and Superman II.

• Like 1

having only seen the first star wars, i'm sure this is true, because nearly everything about the original is abysmal - the acting is awful, the pacing all over the place, the story generic, many of the sets amateurish, and even john williams' music is poorly edited into the film without any proper ambiance at all. it's a horrible film.

Lisa to 90+% of the forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_35sCcn66Hw

• Like 4

Superhero movies are dull and beyond overstaturated now. I'm done with them.  Same thing over and over.  The tipping point was Amazing Spider-Man which proved the superhero genre is so bereffed of any new ideas that they were remaking a ten year old film.

I also fail to see what the fuss about Man of Steel is, I saw it when it was called Superman I and Superman II.

probably isn't too unpopular on the internet these days...i certainly agree

There are good ones every now and then and I think Man of Steel looks good.  But for the most part I agree, I'm totally burnt out on them in general, especially everything that comes from Marvel, the worst offenders.  I haven't seen Iron Man 3 and probably won't see any of their other phase 2 movies except maybe on TV  years from now.

• Like 2

There are good ones every now and then and I think Man of Steel looks good.  But for the most part I agree, I'm totally burnt out on them in general, especially everything that comes from Marvel, the worst offenders.  I haven't seen Iron Man 3 and probably won't see any of their other phase 2 movies except maybe on TV  years from now.

Couldn't agree more. I'm getting fed up with Marvel's Happy Meals coming off their conveyor belts.

• Like 2

:wub: :wub:

• Like 2

Superhero films still blow away 90% of the films this year and past years and are widely watched by tens and 100's of million.s

TA and TDK are the two of the biggest hits domestically in the last decade with Shrek 2 and Avatar. 

Couldn't agree more. I'm getting fed up with Marvel's Happy Meals coming off their conveyor belts.

Oh the humanity a superhero film where superhero's don't have a dark depressing back story... 

Perhaps Iron Man would be better if he stood ontop of buildings in sad reflection for half the film.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Lordmandeep

Batman Begins is the best of the Dark Knight TrilogyThe Dark Knight Trilogy really isn't that goodHans Zimmer is a boring/lazy composerThe Star Trek reboots are better than any of the Star Wars filmsPrisoner of Azkaban is the worst Potter filmThe Amazing Spiderman is better than Raimi's filmsTitanic sucksFern Gully is more entertaining than AvatarCharacter moments and cast chemistry trump plotThe soundtrack is equally important as the scriptOld movies we love aren't as good/infallible as we think they are - we can't see past the nostalgiaSome of the best acting is found in big blockbusters and critics generally refuse to seriously acknowledge it

Edited by jaredm2012

Batman Begins is the best of the Dark Knight TrilogyThe Dark Knight Trilogy really isn't that goodHans Zimmer is a boring/lazy composerThe Star Trek reboots are better than any of the Star Wars filmsPrisoner of Azkaban is the worst Potter filmThe Amazing Spiderman is better than Raimi's filmsTitanic sucksFern Gully is more entertaining than AvatarCharacter moments and cast chemistry trump plotThe soundtrack is equally important as the scriptOld movies we love aren't as good/infallible as we think they are - we can't see past the nostalgiaSome of the best acting is found in big blockbusters and critics generally refuse to seriously acknowledge it

Run... No, but seriously... RUN.

• Like 1

Run... No, but seriously... RUN.

They aren't all as bad as they might sound! I love all the SW movies (just think Trek is a step above, the acting is worlds better). I was entertained by BB and TDK (though I didn't like TDKR at all), but don't see why everyone thinks they're so amazing. They have no emotional punch (seriously IM3 was more heartfelt...)I mostly like Avatar, but I like Fern Gully more =) Andrew Garfield > Toby's emo/crying face, Stone >>> DunstAnd Zimmer is so blah these days...