DoctorWho

Wednesday Estimates: Mad 3 - 5.7 ; Prom - 4 ; SWATH - 2.4

People seem to have an issue with all the unanswered questions the film leaves you with which you won't get an answer to through a repeat viewing unlike Inception were you might have missed something and watch the film again and pick up on what you had missed.

Exactly!!! Inception and Sixth Sense are complex, well crafted films. They contain all the information you need to find the answers, it just isn't obvious. With Prometheus, there are no answers to be found, which is why it is an inferior film. It shouldn't have great legs.
  • Like 2

Exactly!!! Inception and Sixth Sense are complex, well crafted films. They contain all the information you need to find the answers, it just isn't obvious. With Prometheus, there are no answers to be found, which is why it is an inferior film. It shouldn't have great legs.

I agree that those two movies are better than Prometheus. But huh??? How does that make it an inferior film? Not having answers makes it inferior? What?

Maybe, all I seem to be seeing on facebook is 'Watching Prometheus... WTF' or 'Prometheus, so confused'. I don't think general audiences are really warming to the film.

If the general audience warms up to a film, it can't really be a cult classic. Those are hit films usually.

Cult classics have a small but passionate fan base. I think that's exactly what will happen with Prometheus. I loved it myself and find myself thinking about it more and more even though I saw it last weekend.

Oh....how about Avengers numbers? (hee hee....)

Prometheus dailies as a % of Super 8Fri: 163%Sat: 115%Sun: 145%Mon: 131%Tue: 117%Wed: 119%If Prometheus holds like Super 8 from here on, it will finish with 150M. But that's the best case it seems.

• Like 1

40% at best. It going to lose a ton of theaters this weekend - I'm sure of it.

Probably wrong on TA (as usual). It could do as Spider-Man did. The daily/weekend numbers have been really close between them this week and last week. Spider-Man was even ranked No 5 going into 7th weekend before dropping to 7 with 2 new openers.SM lost 500+ theaters but still managed a $7.5m 7th weekend, dropping only 28% from the previous. Not saying TA will....but it could.

Maybe, all I seem to be seeing on facebook is 'Watching Prometheus... WTF' or 'Prometheus, so confused'. I don't think general audiences are really warming to the film.

See this is problem I have with some people who complain about Prome...no one wants to think about anything, no one wants to have to use their brain to come up with thoughts or conclusions on their own, everyone wants everything shoved down their throat or completely obvious, no one wants to have to pay too much attention (that example you gave people are tweeting and Facebook updating in the middle of the damn movie for crying out loud!), too many (younger) people can't even sit in a movie and pay attention without texting or talking, etc, etc. also, obviously when I say no one and everyone I'm just talking generally and not literally - and there are some legitimate issues with the story and movie and I'm not talking about those people...I'm talking more the examples like Totem just gave. Edited by FTF
  • Like 1