DoctorWho

Wednesday Estimates: Mad 3 - 5.7 ; Prom - 4 ; SWATH - 2.4

I like having 30% of story if its done properly and doesn't hit a brick wall while reamaining a very enjoyable film. One thing I love about Prometheus is that its gonna keep my thinking about it until the sequel. Personally, I think its got more than 30% of a story because I've come up with very coherent conclusions for myself, but If I'm wrong when the sequel comes out, then great.The comparison to Inception is bogus. That film clearly answers all its questions, you just have to pay attention. Plus, its aimed at the hip teenage/early 20s college crowd(the millennials), whereas Prometheus is a throw back to old school scifi.

I don't think the comparison is bogus, obviously. It's why I went there.The audience is a bit different, though. I will concede that. The ratings indicate a different target. Plus Ridley Scott is a senior citizen, while Nolan is still young and in his prime. Anything Scott does will appear to be a throwback, just because of that.

They are.

The one great thing about the SW prequels: I'll never again assume any movie is bound to be great before I see it. A lot of people will probably learn that lesson from Prometheus.

Did we manage to measure the damages these movies did?

lol

I hope "that" lesson won't have to be learned from PacificRim or IM3 next summer.

I can understand why people might not think Prometheus is a great movie but to say it's BORING really baffles me. WTF do you want in a sci-fi horror?

Yes!

It wouldn't even be my 50th word to describe it.

I can understand why people might not think Prometheus is a great movie but to say it's BORING really baffles me. WTF do you want in a sci-fi horror?

I felt absolutely zero sympathy for any of the characters. If I can't sympathize, I can't and won't care when something bad happens to them.So that is why it bored me.

There are many things that the Prometheus detractors say that baffle me, but this has to be top of the list.

Expected drops. Prometheus is in for a rough drop this weekend.

It'll probably drop around 52-55% this weekend, I'd call that normal for this type of film. Anything less would be fantastic. If it dropped over 60%, then I would be worried. Edited by Shpongle

After having seen Prometheus for a third time (in IMAX 3D this time, mindblowing), I can definitely say (Captain Obvious I know) that it's not a movie for the general audience, I'm glad it's doing gangbusters worldwide, but people must be surprised.