hasanahmad

Thursday Box Office Estimates MAD3 5.4, Prom 3.3, Snow 2.2

60% drop seems almost inevitable at this point

Not inevitable, but very possible. Oh well, I was hoping for an R-rated horror breakout hit but I guess it may behave like the rest of the genre. I'm not jumping the gun yet though, I'm gonna wait until thise weekend's numbers.

SWATH and Prometheus, similar openings, both getting a terrible second week drop. Damn.SWATH is locked to finish higher now though.

Prom can yet outperform SW. It just needs a 90% Friday increase.

Yep, it is NBA. I was expecting moderate drop for Prometheus as it has dropped with NBA games on past Saturday, this Tuesday and Thursday but 18% is a bit more than even I was expecting. It should have a good Friday though. One more thing to keep in mind for the game this sunday, movies that are playing well in big cities (Moonrise Kingdom, TBEMH, SW&TH etc.) are also being moderately affected by every game. They should have a good Friday, Saturday but they will likely have a worse than average drop on Father's day. I am expecting PROM to drop by over 25% on Father's day.