TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

TLK mentioned Anger Management... Jack Nicholson, now there's somebody who can do comedy well. Hell, he can do everything well(not always, but nobody's perfect)... ESPECIALLY life. I did like that movie, and 50 First Dates, the one Sandler did with Drew Barrymore. But mostly 'cause of Jack & Drew, I would say, they would be what elevated both films for me.

TLK mentioned Anger Management... Jack Nicholson, now there's somebody who can do comedy well. Hell, he can do everything well(not always, but nobody's perfect)... ESPECIALLY life. I did like that movie, and 50 First Dates, the one Sandler did with Drew Barrymore. But mostly 'cause of Jack & Drew, I would say, they would be what elevated both films for me.

This is exactly why I mentioned Jack Nicholson. I feel pretty is probably the most hilarious sequence Sandler has ever done and it is all Nicholson.

At the rate this summer is going, maybe Dark Shadows can stay in the Top 12 after all. Yeesh.

TDKR, Avengers, Spider-Man, MIB3, Brave, IA4, Mad3, Prometheus, SW... The Campaign and Expendables 2 are safe for 80m+. I think Ted is getting there as well. Bourne and maybe Total Recall should do it too. So we're not looking that bad.

TDKR, Avengers, Spider-Man, MIB3, Brave, IA4, Mad3, Prometheus, SW... The Campaign and Expendables 2 are safe for 80m+. I think Ted is getting there as well. Bourne and maybe Total Recall should do it too. So we're not looking that bad.

I don't think Ted and TR are passing 80M. They could but they would need to break out.

Ok so I got some bad news at work today. My boss isn't allowing our group to do the summer hours program this year... the deal is you work an extra hour 4 days a week, then on the 5th day you get a half day. We did it last year and it went perfectly smooth. Company sent out a memo on it today announcing it for Summer 2012, and supervisor just writes in an e-mail to us "this isn't being offered this year"... huh? I replied and cc'd the team asking why, there's no cons, it worked great last year, can you clarify, etc. and he replies back "After careful discussion weighing the pros/cons I can not extend it this year. Thanks." Um discussion with who? What cons? Our group works exclusively with Europe, all of our urgent stuff takes place in the morning anyway because we're on Euro time zone, and the extra hour every day of the week gives more time to work on projects. I really think it's only because HE can't take advantage of it because it doesn't fit into his kids' daycare schedule... so he won't let the rest of us enjoy it even though we all loved it and were really looking forward to it. And I'm bitching about it here because I can't on Facebook or elsewhere. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I think Magic Mike will do well.This is the year of female films as well.

Me too. Well, in a relative sense I mean. Like if you asked me a few months ago I would have said it would bomb with less than 35m. Now I think it can do double that or more. Seeing a lot of buzz about it.

I remember someone making a statement last year we now have the problem that everyone thinks there comedy has to be rated R. (I believe it was for Horrible Bosses)

Ok so I got some bad news at work today. My boss isn't allowing our group to do the summer hours program this year... the deal is you work an extra hour 4 days a week, then on the 5th day you get a half day. We did it last year and it went perfectly smooth. Company sent out a memo on it today announcing it for Summer 2012, and supervisor just writes in an e-mail to us "this isn't being offered this year"... huh? I replied and cc'd the team asking why, there's no cons, it worked great last year, can you clarify, etc. and he replies back "After careful discussion weighing the pros/cons I can not extend it this year. Thanks." Um discussion with who? What cons? Our group works exclusively with Europe, all of our urgent stuff takes place in the morning anyway because we're on Euro time zone, and the extra hour every day of the week gives more time to work on projects. I really think it's only because HE can't take advantage of it because it doesn't fit into his kids' daycare schedule... so he won't let the rest of us enjoy it even though we all loved it and were really looking forward to it. And I'm bitching about it here because I can't on Facebook or elsewhere. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I feel your pain. It reads like a page from Horrible Bosses script.

Magic Mike will get the women so it does have a shot at a slight break out. "Ted" just looks weird but it will probably be funny cause it's "R" so Seth probably didn't hold back. But I'm not the biggest Marky Mark fan, he seems to just be himself in all his movies. If these numbers hold, June just got depressing. I mean a potty mouth teddy bear, a stripping channing and another Madea movie. Save us Pixar, you are our only hope, lol.