TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

Cause Scrocese, Spielberg, Nolan, Fincher, QT, Anderson, Malick, Cohens,Cameron,etc aren`t exactly rushing to have him in his movies.

Mmh, that is not I am saying.He makes the movies he likes to make. How many people can say that in Hollywood ?He is in total control, writer, producer, he chooses his directors.I meant he has total freedom.He worked with PTA though.And yeah, AAA directors ignore him but that's not the point.

Cause Scrocese, Spielberg, Nolan, Fincher, QT, Anderson, Malick, Cohens,Cameron,etc aren`t exactly rushing to have him in his movies.

Are you talking about PT Anderson? Because he used Sandler for Punch Drunk Love. Definitely his best performance to date.

Wes.I`m saying that I doubt he really wants to make commercial shit if he could make greta commercial movies. But he can`t cause people capable of it don`t want him.

I thought maybe it was Paul WS Anderson, then the drugs wore off. :P

adam sandler is a comedian! he makes comedies (or so they say). he ain't gonna start doing heavy drama at his age. not many will buy him in those types of roles. so those proposed directors are irrelevant to him.

adam sandler is a comedian! he makes comedies (or so they say). he ain't gonna start doing heavy drama at his age. not many will buy him in those types of roles. so those proposed directors are irrelevant to him.

They didn`t want him in The Hangover either and that one made more than any of his movies. And is considered good.

OK, QT wanted him for Eli Roth part in IB.He didn`t want to be in it. So my bad. he does want to make shit.

Edited by fishnets

didn't he start as a stand-up comedian? he basically took his stage act to movies. and he's done it successfully. he's had a great career. wonder how GU2 ill do. the first one was dreadful

• Like 1

I think Tarantino wanted Sandler to play the Bear Jew in Basterds but there was a scheduling conflict or something.

Yep, I remember now. Scheduling conflict my ass. More likely, small part, too controversial. Scheduling conflict is a nice excuse any time a safe player is offered a risky role. Big names can work around these issues.So it`s 100% on the money he`s making movies he likes and wants. Shit but,hey, his choice so mo` power and mo` bombs to him.

Damn. I wanted ROA to become a hit. (Can we still hope for a good Cinemascora and for audiences liking it and spreading good WOM?)This summer is truly becoming "The Summer of The Avengers and...Pretty Much Nothing Else."

Damn. I wanted ROA to become a hit. (Can we still hope for a good Cinemascora and for audiences liking it and spreading good WOM?)This summer is truly becoming "The Summer of The Avengers and...Pretty Much Nothing Else."

Considering that these two dolls from my sig are in TA, no wonder. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
  • Like 1

GU2 bombing would be a real karma because it would be a bomb on his safe turf.

Yeah. PG-13, family comedy. If that bombs, Sandler reign is over. If not, the R rating will be blamed.