TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

One movie I will probably never watch is Precious. Doesnt matter how "uplifting" you tell me it is, I dont want to watch two hours of infernal misery and then a redemption. I cant handle that shit

Not to mention the lead is so fucking fat that its vomit inducing. I agree, I don't like depressing crap like that and I'll never watch it either.

One movie I will probably never watch is Precious. Doesnt matter how "uplifting" you tell me it is, I dont want to watch two hours of infernal misery and then a redemption. I cant handle that shit

It's not uplifting at all. The redemption seems like a pittance in relation to the torture the whole movie is to sit through. It's a one and doner.

It's a movie tailor-made to make liberal bleeding-hearts go tsk, tsk over the terrible human tragedy of it all. (And I say that as a fairly staunch lefty). But the movie stacks the deck against Precious in absurd ways; my wife, who works in social services, felt it was particularly laughable.

My personal "most depressing" film would be "Dancer in the Dark" ... a friend invited me so I actually saw it on the big screen and starting at about 15 minutes into the film I wanted to strangle the protagonist (played by Björk who I actually adore) or at least hit her with something like a heavy plank or a sledgehammer to beat some sense into her and that feeling didn't get better the longer the story unfolded. "Requiem for a Dream" was a pleasure-boat ride in comparison to DitD.

• Like 1

I'm at my in laws right now but a quick update. I saw TMB, well sort of. Its worse than Jack and Jill. I couldn't take it after 35 minutes. Its awful and I hope it drops 75% next weekend.

• Like 1

I can't at SWATH ending up ahead of TMB. :rofl: 21% drop on Father's Day? LMAO! What a complete and utter bomb.Awesome Sunday for TA. I said last night it could have an increase since it's the perfect Father's Day movie.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

127 HOURS is a magnificent movie. It's amazing how Boyle's able to communicate pain through sound design. And the sense of freedom, relief, and life is palpable at the end.What a great film.

Amazing film. Superb acting by James Franco (deserved the Oscar over Colin Firth IMO).Probably in my top 5 films of the last 2-3 years.

My personal "most depressing" film would be "Dancer in the Dark" ... a friend invited me so I actually saw it on the big screen and starting at about 15 minutes into the film I wanted to strangle the protagonist (played by Björk who I actually adore) or at least hit her with something like a heavy plank or a sledgehammer to beat some sense into her and that feeling didn't get better the longer the story unfolded. "Requiem for a Dream" was a pleasure-boat ride in comparison to DitD.

Definitely, Dance in the Dark was so morbid, I had to split it up into 4 parts, to watch on four separate nights to get through the entire thing. I can't believe that some people can see that movie in one sitting, It was just such a difficult movie to sit though, and every time I see a difficult movie like We Need to Talk About Kevin, and Precious, I just think about Dancer in the Dark, and the movie suddenly becomes a real easy sit.

That is not a valid comparison. It is game over for Prometheus.

Why am i reading this before going to sleep?!!

I left at page 6 and now 41...

Too much reading.

Crazy.

Prometheus over Hulk ?

Awesome Sunday for TA. I said last night it could have an increase since it's the perfect Father's Day movie.

BOM has it increasing 4% for Sunday from Saturday, and their weekend drop 21% whereas BO has it has 24% for the weekend. Is it just a typo on BOM? It's suppose to be official studio estimates, you'd think the numbers would be the same on both sites.

BOM has it increasing 4% for Sunday from Saturday, and their weekend drop 21% whereas BO has it has 24% for the weekend. Is it just a typo on BOM? It's suppose to be official studio estimates, you'd think the numbers would be the same on both sites.

BO.com is the typo. They didn't update their number from Yesterday morning.