TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

Maybe Adam Sandler will finally have to rethink his movies from now on, he might actually have to put real jokes in!

No, he does fine with unfunny movies. It's unfunny R rated movies that are his problem. ;)

Holy shit is this really Summer? Are these really films starring Adam Sandler and Tom Cruise? This summer has been pretty shit except for Madagascar and Avengers. I feel bad for the people who had TMB in the summer game.

Holy shit is this really Summer? Are these really films starring Adam Sandler and Tom Cruise? This summer has been pretty shit except for Madagascar and Avengers. I feel bad for the people who had TMB in the summer game.

I had a feeling these movies might eat each other alive. I just thought ROA being PG-13 would get it over 27m. And ROA really doesn't star Tom Cruise anymore than Tropic Thunder did. I'm pretty sure it's a glorified cameo.

I had a feeling these movies might eat each other alive. I just thought ROA being PG-13 would get it over 27m. And ROA really doesn't star Tom Cruise anymore than Tropic Thunder did. I'm pretty sure it's a glorified cameo.

If what you say is true then that's going to hurt WOM. I'm fairly sure he's been at the center of the marketing.

If what you say is true then that's going to hurt WOM. I'm fairly sure he's been at the center of the marketing.

he's in it for about 40 min i think. but i read they didn't promote him on tv..his name is not mentioned in tv spots etc Edited by kyky

Well, if it wasn't official after Funny People, it's official now:Sandler needs to stick with PG-13 or lower.

No, he needs to pick goods scripts regardless of rating. Just because under R shit sells, it doesn`t mean he should stick to it if there`s a good R movie (which FP and TMB weren`t) comes along. Also, he should pick script and a co-star. Nobody cares for Rogen and Semberg and sometimes the key to a movie success is in pairing actors who people want to see together in a movie. But emphasize is always on a good movie.

Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages is not a glorified cameo, but he's technically not the lead but he had a lot of scenes in the movie and the movie is kinda marketed making him a centerpiece.Shocked with That's My Boy

I'm glad that Sandler's flick is tanking, good to know that 18+ crowd isn't that stupid to pay for a comedy without jokes. I'll wait for the estimates before judging RoA, 7m Friday would mean 22m weekend, if that number climbs up to 8m it could be a 24-25m OW.

Well, if it wasn't official after Funny People, it's official now:Sandler needs to stick with PG-13 or lower.

His family audience is certainly bigger than the adults who followed him from the 90s. Still, J&J didn't do that well either, so I think Sandler needs to re-think his whole image as a whole now. The good wills from his early hits have eroded to a point that plots and casts actually matter now. Edited by xiayun
  • Like 1