TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

His family audience is certainly bigger than the adults who followed him from the 90s. Still, J&J didn't do that well either, so I think Sandler needs to re-think his whole image as a whole now. The good wills from his early hits have eroded to a point that plots and casts actually matter now.

J&J was complete crap and did near 75m on his name alone. Think how well it would have done with...say Eddie Murphy instead. ;)

His family audience is certainly bigger than the adults who followed him from the 90s. Still, J&J didn't do that well either, so I think Sandler needs to re-think his whole image as a whole now. The good wills from his early hits have eroded to a point that plots and casts actually matter now.

You optimism is contagious and pray studios hear it because that`s what should matter. But I guess that Sandler crap hit all-time low way too many times that even the lowest common denominator eaters got tired. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

One critic compared it to Human Cenitpede. OUCH!And as I said I think Ted and Magic Mike look pretty bad also. (I still find the humor in that immature but whatever)

ROA is not a Tom Cruise movie. It's a movie with Tom Cruise in it. There is a difference.

Side note: Anyone know it's produced by Tobey?

You're right.

Finally, his new luckystar post MI4 won't be so tarnished...

Tobey Maguire?

:huh:

I still can't believe this weekend.Sandler bombing. Rated R may be the problem, or the fact that people are sick of Sandler, and Jack & Jill was the last try...Tom Cruise return stopped for a moment. Hopefully , Jack Reacher and Oblivion will both be big.

Probably better, since people for some reason thought Norbit was worth watching.

I heard Norbit was the reason Eddie Murphy didn't win an oscar for supporting actor that year.

Both films look stupid frankly...ROA is meh, rather just watch music videos of the songs instead...I rather watch the November Rain Music video instead..[media=]

Edited by Lordmandeep