Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

Which will lose the most numbers of theatres next week?TMB or ROA?

I'd guess That's My Boy since a couple R-rated comedies are coming in. Maybe People Like Us would provide some competition for Rock of Ages, but its theater count estimate is pretty low. Edited by tribefan695

There has been nothing remotely good about Prometheus' performance outside of it's first day. Everything after that has crumbled.Even the supposedly terrible Hangover 2 fell 43% in it's third weekend, Prometheus is falling fast.http://boxofficemojo...d=hangover2.htm

The Hangover 2 is a comedy and it had tremendous goodwill from the first film just 2 years earlier. Hangover 3 will bomb, watch.

After so many disappointments last year, animations are doing pretty well in 2012. The Lorax and Brave over 200m and I think Mad3 has a pretty good chance too. If family films keep doing great business, Ice Age may get 190m-200m just like the last two movies and we also have Rise of the Guardians in November.

crap :wub: i think i pick june 30th for avengers passing 600m $ in the poll, there comes a time when one is happily happy to be wrong :Dhappy for snow white!hunger games go away already mehhhby the bye is ab vamp slayer a good film?

After so many disappointments last year, animations are doing pretty well in 2012. The Lorax and Brave over 200m and I think Mad3 has a pretty good chance too. If family films keep doing great business, Ice Age may get 190m-200m just like the last two movies and we also have Rise of the Guardians in November.

Don't forget Wreck-It-Ralph! It'll be a hit or miss.

The Hangover 2 is a comedy and it had tremendous goodwill from the first film just 2 years earlier. Hangover 3 will bomb, watch.

Not a chance in hell.WOM spreads by the third week, hell it spreads by the third day now.

Comedies are probably the most "casual" genre, along with animations, so they are most likely to sweep up the kind of audience that doesn't really follow reviews or wom, because it doesn't treat movies in general so seriously. How else would you explain TMB's drop?

Come on guys. Are you seriously trying to defend Prometheus' drop? It's falling at the speed of gravity. There's not getting around it.

Come on guys. Are you seriously trying to defend Prometheus' drop? It's falling at the speed of gravity. There's not getting around it.

Its no secret you hated the movie, so I guess we'll just have to let the logic go over your head. :circles:

Its no secret you hated the movie, so I guess we'll just have to let the logic go over your head. :circles:

So if I liked the film you're implying that I would think a 51% third week drop after a 60% first week drop is good? Lord have mercy.

So if I liked the film you're implying that I would think a 51% third week drop after a 60% first week drop is good? Lord have mercy.

51% on its face is bad, but give the nature of the genre its fine. But keep dismissing logic out of hand because of your personal bias on this film. Mods need an IQ test or something. Lord have mercy.

51% on its face is bad, but give the nature of the genre its fine. But keep dismissing logic out of hand because of your personal bias on this film. Mods need an IQ test or something. Lord have mercy.

A 51% third weekend drop isn't fine, no matter the genre.