Punishment

Tue Top Movies: BRAVE-9m, MAD-3.2m, ABE-2m

There was no agenda with my comment. I'm just pointing out that it's not overly suprising a film in 2012 is making more than a film in 2008.

I know. Just giving you a hard time because of your anti Pixar stance. I still do not understand how you can despise those beautiful, beloved charming films. :wub:

I know. Just giving you a hard time because of your anti Pixar stance. I still do not understand how you can despise those beautiful, beloved charming films. :wub:

Beautiful yes, beloved and charming they are not ( Besides Wall-E of course :P )

There was no agenda with my comment. I'm just pointing out that it's not overly suprising a film in 2012 is making more than a film in 2008.

Baumer predicts TDKR over TDK confirmed! Edited by FTF

Beautiful yes, beloved and charming they are not ( Besides Wall-E of course :P )

Yeah they're so not beloved that pretty much all of them ended up on best-of-the-decade lists and did huge box office numbers.

Yeah they're so not beloved that pretty much all of them ended up on best-of-the-decade lists and did huge box office numbers.

I was talking beloved personally, sorry If anyone misunderstood :lol: Edited by riczhang

Congrats to Avengers on crossing 600M. I think its BO performance is right up there when we look at all time BO Runs(below Titanic/SW/ET/Avatar but ahead of most other blockbusters).

Actually, if you really look at the numbers TA's run is mighty impressive. The drops it is seeing in its 8th week are stunning, sub 20%. It is way out performing similar summer blockbusters such as TDK and SM in the dailies. The margin in some cases is more than 2 to 1 (that's to be expected to some extent, since 8 weeks out TDK ran into the school year).I don't think any summer blockbuster is going to have a run like Titanic and Avatar. It is one of the fundamental differences between winter and summer releases . TA is a unique bridging of the two. A movie that has a $200m OW just isn't supposed to achieve a 3x multi, which is a certainty for TA now.

Great for Mad3 also. This definitely is not summer 2011.

I'm still sick by KungFuPanda2 dom total...really...

This year, 3 200M animated movies in one summer is really plausible.

Great, isn't it?