Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

That would be the far smarter thing to do looking at Tangled and Frozen. Disney is winning with that release date. I hope this movie doesn't skew too boy appealing. The female audience is the most important one at the box office today.

There are two girls in BH6 (2 of the Big Hero 6 actually). One a blonde girlie girl (Honey Lemon) and the other a badass tomboy who cannot stand her (Gogo Tomago). Both are cool in their own unique ways (think a superpowered Rapunzel and Merida respectively). So it should be popular with girls too if those two characters are done well.

• Like 4

Lol that's Oaken from Frozen! :P He also wrote FUCKING The Emperor's New Groove and Mulan while Hall was behind Meet the Robinsons. I am SOOO IN!! 

More to the point, he co-directed Bolt. Bringing him on makes me a little more optimistic about this, since it's hard for me to imagine someone making a seamless transition from Winnie the Pooh to a CGI action movie.

• Like 1

That would be the far smarter thing to do looking at Tangled and Frozen. Disney is winning with that release date. I hope this movie doesn't skew too boy appealing. The female audience is the most important one at the box office today.

But McFarland is opening at the same time with Mockingjay, and also just a week before Dreaworks' Home. So I doubt it'd would be a good move.But honestly, Disney should've dated this at Thanksgiving in the first place. I'm actually glad they already got all Thanksgiving dates until 2018 (except for this 2014 movie). Well let's just hope this opens big while Home somehow underperforms.
  • Like 1

Dreamworks always schedules dates for their films years in advance but end up changing them around. Thanksgiving hasn't really been a good date for DWA films and if BH6 performs well, it may hurt Home.McFarland is counter programming so it'll do well with adult audiences. Disney have two sports dramas this year with this and Million Dollar Arm. Maybe the studio is breaking away from big budget films with three smaller films in 2014. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day is the other one.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

I don't think they're breaking away from big budget movies anytime soon. But they've probably realized there's a niche they can fill on a more modest budget. Americans love feel-good sports dramas.

Million Dollar Arm should do fine in the US but will struggle OS. Into the Woods I imagine will have a large budget but not $150-200m, Les Mis was $62m, ITW I think $95-100m

I don't think they're breaking away from big budget movies anytime soon. But they've probably realized there's a niche they can fill on a more modest budget.

That idea will only continue with Alan Horn in charge of Walt Disney Pictures. Horn doesn't like the idea of only big budget tent poles. Therefore, I expect more smaller budget films to help fill out Disney's large budget slate.

Hahahah, that's how I saw him irst, second and third time and thought "What a sympathetic, but silly looking creature". But on fourth time I realized, I was wrong ;p

Posted Image

Lolz that was my first impression as well and I was like, "WTF what have they done to Baymax?!" And then I was like "Oh.. oooh!" :P