Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Some critics seem to think that the film was made for commersial purposes, such as mentions of sequels, merchanding and and TV-show getting made. Do you think that it is because this is a superhero film that has some Saturday morning cartoon elements? I do not think the critics have been this cynical of the past WDAS films. I do not think Big Hero 6 has been made any more commersial purposes in mind the WDAS films usually are.

Of course it was made for commercial purposes, but so is any Disney film. They are like the most commercial studio to ever exist.

• Like 1

Of course it was made for commercial purposes, but so is any Disney film. They are like the most commercial studio to ever exist.

I meant it is as if it is more commersial than the other WDAS films just because it is a superhero film. And while Disney is the most commersial of the major studios Dreamworks is the most commersial animation studio (IMO obviously) they just do not as good job with merchandicing and have recently faltered with films.

• Like 1

Man, this latest flood of positive reviews makes me think that Disney wrongly imposed a longer embargo on this movie than was necessary. Hope it stays around 89%!

That's possible!

Though there were a fair number of positive reviews out this last week that just didn't wind up on RT until very recently, so it's likely not entirely Disney's fault.

• Like 3

There was rumblings that Disney wanted to grab Hasbro for its boy-centric toy lines (GI Joe/Transformers)

Big Hero 6 if successful, will allow Disney to expand their boy centric merchandise which is currently Cars, Star Wars and Marvel. They've got girls cornered with Frozen, princesses and Disney Channel shows but for years they struggled with appealing to boys.

Uggh they better change that consensus though. 

Yeah seriously... 

I wonder if all Disney related consensus' on RT are basically going to be "it's good but it's not FROZEN" from now on.

• Like 4

#HAILMICKEY

BH6 may drop a little bit percentage-wise, but damn that 90% is purdy!! 

Gahhhh…. I hate that I have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. 

Patience, man!  It'll come! 

Yeah.  I expect it to wind up back at 89% but if it doesn't I'd be incredibly happy.

• Like 1

What was the RT% when the consensus was made? It was in the low 80s wasn't it? But if they make the consensus partially based on their own opinion they will probably not change it but if this says in 90% then the consensus does not really fit.

I think it was at 83% at the time.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, nor would I mind. BH6 seems decent, but nowhere near close to Frozen, Lion King, etc.

Yes, but if you go into every Disney movie expecting it to be Frozen, you're never going to let it shine for what it is.

Also... I mean that's kind of obvious that it's not Frozen.  Does it really need to be in the consensus?  BH6 and Frozen are nothing alike.  It's saying in the consensus "It's good, but it's not *insert X mostly irrelevant to this subject movie here*".   I mean how would you feel if the consensus for Frozen was "It's a great film but lacks some of the racial diversity of previous Disney fare".  You'd know what movie it's comparing to, but you'd also know it's not really relevant to the subject matter of the movie at hand.

In short:  Frozen has its own RT page and consensus... it doesn't need to take over another movie's consensus.

Note that I love Frozen but RT is just getting ridiculous.

• Like 2