Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Y'all are stretching the parallels a bit too far.

None of the current films need to match up to any previous film. Tangled wasn't a new Little Mermaid. Frozen isn't a new BatB. I mean any parallel breaks down when you try to figure out where Wreck-it Ralph fits (is it the new Rescuers Down Under?) And what about Winnie the Pooh?

There's a long line and history of Disney movies. The Renaissance films have their place in the canon and the Lasseter Reformation films have an entirely different place. The Little Mermaid is The Little Mermaid. The Lion King is The Lion King. Tangled is Tangled. Frozen is Frozen.

Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 2

Would that make Zootopia The Lion King then?

Haha, I was just thinking that myself the other day. If we were truly following the reniassance pattern this would indeed be the TLK. Tangled, WiR, and Frozen mirror Mermaid, Beauty, and Aladdin's admissions for the most part. WiR/BatB not quite as well, but TLM/Tangled and Frozen/Aladdin's admissions are eerily similar. And Winne the Pooh was the flop in between Tangled and WiR like Rescuers Down Under in between  Mermaid and BatB. So if that pattern continued this would mirror TLK's admissions. Of course that's got like .0001% chance of happening I'd say, lol.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 4

Zootopia looks like Chicken Little 2. Chicken Little has made me wary of talking animal films right now. :wacko:

I trust Byron Howard. He delivered Bolt and Tangled, after all.

Of course, I would have trusted Mark Dindal going into Chicken Little, as he did ENG, so I suppose there's a cautionary tale there.

Technically, Frozen should be Beauty and the Beast with Tangled being Little Mermaid, but yeah, if this is Aladdin quality I think I'd die! :D

I think it will be more like Aladdin, more obviously for boys anyhow. I hope it cracks $200 million at the very least. Disney is on a roll and has the people's trust once again! GO DISNEY! And if this film is a hit, it will be good for Asians all-around so I can't complain about that. 

• Like 1

I think it will be more like Aladdin, more obviously for boys anyhow. I hope it cracks $200 million at the very least. Disney is on a roll and has the people's trust once again! GO DISNEY! And if this film is a hit, it will be good for Asians all-around so I can't complain about that. 

Eh the stuff I read sounded really stereotypical to me. I hope Disney can avoid having another Planes fiasco race wise.

• Like 1

I said it before and I´ll say it again...

The Lasseter Era is not following the Renaissance pattern, Its following the PIXAR pattern.

Bolt: Toy Story

Princess and the Frog: Bugs Life

Tangled: Toy Story 2

Wreck it Ralph: Monsters Inc.

Frozen: Finding Nemo 

Big Hero 6: The Incredibles

And it makes sense since in both studios Lasseter is the CEO.

• Like 2

The Lasseter Era is not following the Renaissance pattern, Its following the PIXAR pattern.

So what is after BH6?

Where does Pooh fit in there?

• Like 1