Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Some new Character art from the facebook page:

Posted Image

btw i think the primary challenge for this movie will be to develop all those characters in only 90 minutes... i assume hiro and baymax will be front and center, but i hope that at least some of the supporting cast gets fleshed out a little as well.

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 13

Some new Character art from the facebook page:

Posted Image

btw i think the primary challenge for this movie will be to develop all those characters in only 90 minutes... i assume hiro and baymax will be front and center, but i hope that at least some of the supporting cast gets fleshed out a little as well.

They can flesh out the characters if they divided the time properly; first 30 mins for Baymax and Hiro, next 30 mins for the villain and the team and last 30 mins for everyone to be shown.

They might sacrifice some characters screen time and focus on Baymax, Hiro, Villain, either Honey or Gogo or maybe both, for Wasabi and Freddie, I'm not sure much of their importance in the story.

• Like 5

Anyways, I think this film is very lucky to be following Frozen's success judging by that trailer. I can't say I think it looks very appealing to kids, and not at all if we take out the Baymax humor. But Disney's momentum will almost assuredly guarantee another hit. Still if marketing doesn't improved I'll be very surprised with much more than Tangled's success.

I actually think the trailer really works by the fact that it manages to appeal to everyone, and not just those kids (which I think the first Frozen trailer leaned on) or the YA. Funny and cute enough for kids but sleek and entertaining enough for adults
  • Like 1

There are even more references to be found :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow that's a lot! Although I doubt that's really Jigglypuff 'cause that's not really Disney.

So I read they're releasing a Manga Prequel for BH6 focusing on Baymax and Hiro. I guess they really want that Japanese audience. It better breakout in Japan.

• Like 2

Wow that's a lot! Although I doubt that's really Jigglypuff 'cause that's not really Disney.So I read they're releasing a Manga Prequel for BH6 focusing on Baymax and Hiro. I guess they really want that Japanese audience. It better breakout in Japan.

Think it'll break out in Japan anywhere close to how Frozen did?

• Like 1

Think it'll break out in Japan anywhere close to how Frozen did?

It might be impossible.

Remember in Wreck it Ralph, "Sugar Rush" was performed by AKB48 (group in Japan) and it had lots of references with Japanese arcade games like Sega, Pacman, etc., but WIR was not that big there.

For the superhero genre, Japan is not that much into this genre either.

BH6 need to hit the same target as Frozen's to become huge which is the young women demographics that will create this huge fad. If BH6 ends up only hitting the young audiences then it won't be close to Frozen.

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

It might have some goodwill in Japan from Frozen. Much like how Pixar has a dedicated following, there could be some of that for WDAS, now. It's not going to get anywhere close to Frozen's numbers, but something bigger than the previous standard for WDAS features may be possible. Shooting for the 5b yen range rather than 3b, for instance.

• Like 2

I just now got around to watching the trailer and it does look like it could be a surprise sleeper hit that is counter programming to the Mockinjay & Hobbit 3 crowd over the Holiday span. The bad guy (Kabuki?) does indeed look creepy.

It wouldn't really be a surprise. Many of us have been saying it would break out for a while now.
  • Like 1

hmm..the teaser got great reactions from kids in maleficent. I think the good will from Disney gives it the advantage over Penguins for the animated hit of the holidays. Im just not sure how big its going to breakout. 

• Like 1