The Amazing Spider-Man

113 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Amazing Spider-Man

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

After a 2nd time the film is pretty solid.

If they had a better Villian it likely would have been the 2nd best Spider Man film.

Its well above Spider Man 3 and not that far off from SM1. The whole love stuff likely pisses off comic book fans but it won over a lot of female fans.

So expect ASM2 to do quite well at the box office.

Solid film and I hope ASM2 has more Trolling Cocky Spider Man like in this film

B+ 

So imo this movie is another clear divergence from the audiences and comic book fans. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

I finally rewatched it and it's worse than SM3 (B-)

Cons

- The origin part is very poorly done if compared to Raimi's 

- Garfield is a douche in everything he does, he has cocky attitudes, he is selfish and really unlikable (apparently don't care about his parents either)

- Some HUGE plot holes

- The villain is average-to-bad, but his plan was plain terrible.

- Some cool shots, but in geral the cinematography is really Really bad

- Despite Garfield and Stone being a couple, they don't have any chemistry together, at least on screen.

- Peter and Flash becoming friends, It was the most cringeworthy scene since B&R.

- “You shouldn’t be making promises that you can’t keep.” “But it’s the best one.”  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Pros

- Good visuals (obligation for a 230m blockbuster)

- Emma Stone, nuff said

- good portrayal of aunt May by Sally Field, not nearly good as Rosemary Harris, but still

- good score but not a memorable one, let alone top Elfman score

- I liked 4 scenes in particular: Stacey hidden in the lab (fucking tense); when Peter first gets home after he is bitten by the spider (He looking at that fly LOL); in the end when Peter gives the eggs to Aunt May (super emotional), and when Spidey swing in the cranes (very well done)

this only gets worse with repeat views, I gave 8/10 last june, now I give very meh 6/10 or C+/B-

While I do like Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone in their respective roles the movie overall had been pretty forgettable. There was nothing that made me latch on to it as the time passed. I actually really liked it when I first saw it though, not so much now.

B/B-

IMO people are too hard on this film. It's the 2nd best Spidey movie, and at least for me, there will never be a better Gwen Stacey. I wasn't a big fan of the score, but other than that, this really is a good film. I'd love Spidey to be able to interact in the MCU, but if TASM2 is pulled off then I can't complain too much.

A-

• Like 1

IMO people are too hard on this film. It's the 2nd best Spidey movie, and at least for me, there will never be a better Gwen Stacey. I wasn't a big fan of the score, but other than that, this really is a good film. I'd love Spidey to be able to interact in the MCU, but if TASM2 is pulled off then I can't complain too much.

A-

Wow Chessy.. man you getting the web balls to the head for that lol.

I deem this the worse of the SM films by far.. Even SM3 with its flaws has more put together.

SM2 is the cream of the crop of the well done SH films of this genre.. Along with Capt AMerica 2,

TDK and Avengers  I

Sm1 is 5 times better than TASM and it shows by Spiderman fans spitting out garfield. Had Tobey Maguire

and Raimi been allowed to do SM4 the way they wanted.. SM would have made 450-500+M and IM3 numbers

or better worldwide. I dont understand why they can get them back . Have Tobey do our universe Spiderman

and Andrew do Ultimate Spiderman Universe :)

• Like 3

This is close to Catwoman bad.

Uh-oh gives Baumer man a spiderman kick and websling lol....Heaven Forbid. I dont dig this film either baumer

but nothing on this earth in the Superhero business is as bad as Catwoman and Batman and Robin bad lol(Lol George Cloonie

lord have mercy on us lol)

• Like 1

How is that fair when you made your mind up about this movie before it even released? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I couldn't disagree any more with that statement. 

Fair?  Because it's my opinion.  :)

I don't know about Cat Woman bad. I think technically its a much better film if nothing else. But at least Cat Woman kept me entertained throughout the movie laughing at how incredibly shit everything was. TASM just bored me to tears and made me wish I was watching Spider-Man instead.

• Like 1