Taylor

Thursday Numbers ($2.6M Ted, $2.05 MM Midnights)

This is nuts! I expected big middies for MM but Ted really blew me out of the water. I just wonder how big both will be. Ted could be gigantic, although that middie # is going to be a bit frontloaded.Still, just looking at past midnights Ted and MM are both 30M+ as a minimum if history repeats itself. If MM followed TDI it would still end up over 33M.

That's absolutely incredible for both.Was expecting around $1-1.2m for each - definitely not over $2m!This basically guarantees $25m OW for both!

LOL 25M is not even a question at this point. I'd say 33M each (TDIs OW with 2M midnights) is the floor.
  • Like 1

Not trying to take anything away from Magic Mike's midnight performance at all, but I am personally much more surprised by the Ted #. Regardless of what happens the rest of today, would expect Ted to hold up at least somewhat better than Magic Mike on Sat and Sun just from the demos and walk-up business.

Edited by JarJarBinks

Wow. Amazing figures for both. With a $7m budget and a promotional campaign that didn't seem exorbitantly expensive Magic Mike is going to make a killing. I want to see both movies but Magic Mike is definitely my must see.

LOL I knew this would be close. Ted edged out MM in the midnights. Crazy. This will be a great, great weekend. Ted wuill probably win the weekend. But as I said in the other thread, this thing can go either way.

Ted audience is younger. MM will have an older audience so its midnights will be lower.